Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Colbi Lyn : 7 months






 






 

Baby girl makes everyone in this house happy, her face lights up when any of us walk into the room and she squeals and smiles at the boys all the time. She is happy, sweet, smiley, content and so full of joy and love. She loves to be held but is doing much better now at playing by herself with toys and books. It is a rare moment if one of her brothers is not right by her side; kissing, hugging, tickling, and playing with her. She can wave and say hi, dada and mama. Her favorite is dada and I am pretty sure Dave melts inside every time she says it to him. She is an eating machine and the only food she seems to dislike so far is peas, everything else she loves. I have started introducing a few solid foods such as bananas, pancakes, zucchini bread and cheerios and she is starting to figure out how to chew them much easier now. With the weather being so nice I have been taking her outside and sitting her on a blanket while the boys play. Every time I do this she usually ends up getting a few hundred kisses as the boys run from one activity to the next but always making sure their baby sister gets some love along the way. She is sleeping really well at night from 7pm - 9am during the week. I do wake her at 5:30 to nurse her before I leave for work but she goes right back to sleep and sleeps until 9 or 9:30 most mornings. Since she sleeps in so late she really only takes one nap from about 12:30 - 3. I had to take her back to the doctor for a weight check and she weighed in at 15lbs 10oz. She is sitting really well and starting to roll over more and move around. She will not be crawling for awhile though, her sickness really set her back and I feel like she is just now really starting to make gains in her strength and mobility. She is wearing size 9 month clothes and her collection of headbands is growing daily thanks to her mama's obsession with them (she just looks so cute in headbands!). Gosh I wish I could put into words just how much I (we) love her, she is just the BEST!!

No comments: