Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving!! I have so much to be thankful for this year. We started off the day right by waking up and running the annual 5k turkey trot here in Kennewick. It was not quite the same without Katie here but we had fun anyway. Dave and I both ran and we ended up leaving Colt with his grandparents since it was sooo cold out! We came back to Dave's parents place and had our traditional bread dough pudding (it is soooo amazing, I had never had anything like it in my life until I started spending holidays with Dave's family) and now we are just lounging around, watching football and waiting for the yummy turkey dinner! Thanksgiving is Dave's favorite holiday, he even likes it better than Christmas!! Hope your all enjoying the holiday with family and friends. Here is what I am thankful for this year!

1. A relationship with Jesus and the peace I feel knowing that he is always in control.

2. Dave: he is a wonderful husband and father and he works so hard to provide for us. He also is one of the best cooks I know and he always knows what to say when I am feeling sad.

3a. Colt: is the best little boy God could have given me. He is so loving and happy most all the time and he has always been the best little sleeper which makes me a much better mommy.

3b. Baby #2: I am so excited to meet this new little one in June.

4. Our families. We are both so blessed to have such loving families whom we get to spend the holidays with. The hardest part is having to split who we spend holidays with every year but we always feel loved no matter who we are with!

5. The joy of getting to see life the past 17 months through the eyes of a child. I told Dave I never want this stage in our life to end. I always want our children to be healthy, happy and toddlers/babies:)

6. A job that still allows me the time to spend weekends, evenings and holidays with my husband and son.

7. A cozy home and a family to come home to every night.

8. My friends close by and far away that I can always count on no matter how long its been since we last talked.

9. My 3 sisters who remind me that even though we may have the same parent it doesn't mean that we are all going to think exactly alike but we learn to accept each others differences and love each other anyway.

10.For all God has blessed me with in my lifetime.....loving family, good education, caring husband, children and a place with Him someday in Heaven.

3 comments:

The Price Family said...

Very well put Carolyn, and I am extra thankful to have you as one of my bestest friends ever. You are truly amazing, and have such special place in everyones hearts that knows you.

Happy Thanksgiving to your family!

The Mac Attack said...

DITTO!

Love you Care!

McP Family said...

What a beautiful, blessid list.