Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter : He is Risen......

 
 ....He is Risen Indeed!
 The day before Easter I took the kids over to my parents and we dyed easter eggs. The weather was gorgeous so we were able to go outside on my parents deck and let the kids make a mess. The boys were all very into it and I just let them go and do whatever they wanted. We had some pretty interesting looking eggs!
 Easter morning the kids got some fun stuff in their Easter baskets and then we had Resurrection rolls and breakfast burritos. 
Colbi got her very first pink towel. I think it may be one of the only pink things that we even have in our house. Obviously she was thrilled.


 Headed to church.
 Love these kids!
 Colbi was ready for a nap at this point. She ended up sleeping for 3 hours which was nice because I hosted Easter at our house this year. This is really the first big holiday where I have actually hosted it and I was pretty nervous about it being a total bust. Thankfully the food turned out great, we had ham with raspberry glaze, roasted potatoes, strawberry pretzel salad, green beans, quinoa salad (brought by my mom) and rolls. My parents and Taylor joined us and we were able to eat outside and enjoy the nice weather and good company. The boys had an Easter egg hunt and ate way too much candy!






Probably one of my favorite Easter's yet. Such good memories to look back on, my kids are growing up way too fast!

No comments: