Sunday, August 6, 2017

Mom's 60th Birthday Trip

Marni and I surprised my mom with an early 60th birthday trip. We had told her we were flying some place warm but that was all she knew. My mom and I flew out of Walla Walla at 5am on Thursday August 3rd into Seattle. From there we flew to Orange County into the John Wayne Airport.  She had some idea we were going to Disneyland at this point because of what some other people had told her but it was still a fun surprise when Marni showed up with the Mickey Mouse ears.

 We headed right to Disney and it was hot and humid. We did our best to try and push through since we did not have a lot of time.
The first ride was Splash Mountain. The birthday girl got the front seat.
 Followed by Indiana Jones.
 Great day at Disney. We went to the Blue Lagoon for dinner (such good food!!) and then did the Pirates of the Caribbean ride and watched the fireworks show.
 My mom at Disney! Checking an item off her bucket list. 
We started the next morning early and hit up a few more rides and then went over to California Adventures.
 Finished the Matterhorn, mom was a little queasy and sick after this ride.
 Space Mountain! My poor mama. She was officially sick after this and done with rides.
Coffee tastes even better in Disney with my favorite little sis.
 After a little walking around and shopping we ended up at California Adventures. At this point my mom was no longer interested in rides so Marni and I did a few on our own while she got some food and tried to settle her stomach.

My kids told me to get a picture in front of the ferris wheel with Mickey on it.
 Guardians of the Galaxy in California Adventures. My favorite ride!! 
In all honesty I was scared to death of this ride but Marni wanted to go and so I tried to hide my fears and do it. I am so glad I did, it was so fun. 

We left Disney in the afternoon and headed to our next stop Laguna Beach! I think my mom was pretty excited to see that we were going to be doing some relaxing (or as relaxing as we will let her be) on this trip.
While my mom got a massage Marni and I went on a run and then hit the hiking trails.
Laguna has amazing trails, we could have spent days out there hiking. The best part though was just getting to talk and talk with Marni.
The view from our hotel room.
On our last night we went down to Newport Beach to walk around and check out the town.
If this is 60 I am alright with getting older.



 Birthday dinner at Mastro's in Newport Beach. The best scallops of my life and this cake was amazing. Marni and I ate most of it.
We got up early the next morning and did one final hike before having to leave to fly home.





Then we took one last morning walk on the beach. Goodbye Laguna! Such a great end to an amazing trip.

No comments: