Sunday, October 31, 2010

Jax : 17 months

It has been too long since I have written about my sweet baby boy Jax. He is one easy going little guy (much like I remember his older brother being at this age). He approaches all milestones in his life with a very laid back attitude, case in point he didn't take his first steps until he was 15 months and he has just in the past couple weeks become a real full time walker. I love to watch Colt and him run around the house together, chasing each other and playing hide and seek. He loves for us to read him books, loves to throw things, wrestle with daddy and snuggle with mommy. His vocabulary is increasing every day, I forget how much they take in at this age. He understands directions and will bring me what I ask for or throw things away when I ask him. He has been sleeping like a champ lately (lucky for Dave he has been sleeping in till past 7 during the weekdays) and takes one 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon. He is not picky and will eat pretty much whatever I put on his plate, though he usually prefers my plate. He is in that stage where he cries whenever we leave him with someone he doesn't know. Church is a nightmare most Sundays and Dave and I always ask ourselves why we even bother both going because one of us ends up hanging out with Jax in the nursery. He is constantly doing and saying the funniest things and I just love to sit on the floor with him and play because he is the cutest thing ever right now! I love this age because they are discovering new things and starting to communicate with you, but they are not at the stage where they are really naughty. He makes me smile and laugh daily and there is no better medicine in life than that!

1 comment:

The Price Family said...

It was so great to see this little dude in action. He is going to grow into this BIG sweetheart. You truly are raising your boys into well mannered little boys, and you are such a good mommy Care. Jaxer is definitley a mama's boy, just like Kys!