Friday, February 10, 2012

Family Update

It has been a while since I have updated the blog. We are all doing well for the most part. These 3 little boys are just as happy as can be, they spend all day together playing hard, fighting on occasion and making me laugh constantly!

Colt ADORES his little brothers, he is honestly one of the nicest big brothers I have ever seen. Jax and him do fight on occasion but for the most part Colt would do anything for them. He is loving, caring and has the softest heart. He loves to hold Case and gently wrestle with him, Case thinks Colt is the best thing ever. He loves to crawl all over him and smiles the minute Colt comes up to him.
The weather has been typical for this time of year, not too cold really but so foggy and ugly. We had a couple nice days so we took advantage of the sunshine and set out on a little hike. We have a perfect place for the kids to hike around about a mile from our house so I loaded all 3 in the stroller and we walked down there. The kids love to find the big sticks and "fish" with them. This means they put their sticks in the water and fish for huge pieces of grass and moss.
Saturday morning cartoons with all my little guys.
I am training for a half-marathon in Birch Bay next weekend so my Saturday mornings usually consist of getting in some type of long run. I do not have a training plan for this half, I have done enough half's that I know what I need to run to complete them. I am running with some friends, it will be fun and relaxing and it will not be a PR. One Saturday, Dave took Colt to shoot his bow so I loaded up the younger two and we ran 9 miles. They both fell asleep and it was such a nice run, it is so much harder running when pushing the kids in a stroller so I really try and not think about how slow I am going and just enjoy the run and the peacefulness of it.
We are looking forward to the rest of this month, spending time with family this weekend, Valentines Day (love decorating the house and making treats with the boys), a trip to Lynden for President's Day and my 31st birthday! My mom has already started my birthday celebration by randomly dropping off little gifts (starbucks card, runners world magazine subscription), love her! Dave surprised me with an hour long massage last weekend too. The month just keeps getting better!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Sounds like you are getting to enjoy your 31st birthday! It's nice to be at a point in running where you feel like you "know" your body and what you need to do to be prepared for the next "run". You inspire me!