Sunday, July 22, 2012

Visiting Marni : Boise, Idaho

We drove to Boise on Friday to spend a longer weekend with my little sister Marni. My mom came with me and was such a huge help with the kids on the drive there, while we were there and the drive home. We had the BEST time, I only wish we could have stayed longer!
Friday night we went swimming in the pool at Marni's place for a couple hours and then had Papa Murphy's pizza for dinner. We sat around and talked and finally went to bed around 11. The next morning Marni and I worked out in her basement "gym" together and then all of us walked downtown for breakfast at the cutest little coffeehouse called "Java". I love breakfast places in Boise but this one is my all time favorite!
After breakfast it was more swimming! Colt is pretty much done swimming with his water wings, he wants to swim by himself and for the most part is pretty good. His favorite thing to do is jump into the deep end then swim to the side. If he had his way we would have never gotten out of the pool all weekend. Jax is getting much more independent and comfortable in the pool, especially after being in swim lessons the last 2 weeks and then getting to swim so much this weekend. Marni lives in a 700 square foot apartment and my mom, me, Marni and all 3 boys stayed there all weekend. It was nice to have the pool to escape too especially because it was 100 degrees outside.
Case loves the pool but as usual wants to be independent and do everything himself. He obviously can not swim but that does not stop him from trying to walk into the pool every chance he got.

My mom was right in the pool with all of us playing around and...... Colt rides on her shoulders.
We swam for 2.5 hours that morning then came back inside for lunch and a nap for Case. My mom stayed with Case while he napped and Marni, the boys and I went to Lululemon and got a few fun things then the grocery store for food. Funny story : Colt had opened up the refrigerator at Marni's place soon after we got there and yells at me "Mom...., Mom......., MOM!!" I finally looked over at him and he points to the fridge with a look of amazement and says "she has NOTHING in her fridge". He was right besides a stick of butter and some homemade jam there was nothing in her fridge. So we loaded up on lots of fruit, milk for the boys, string cheese, bread, eggs and coffee creamer. It was nice to be able to not have to go out for every meal and just be able to relax and talk in her apartment (and we talked & laughed ALOT!)
After Case woke up we headed to the park for some play time before dinner.

Then to Costa Vida in downtown Boise for dinner and after that fro-yo! We walked to Aspen Leaf after dinner and it was so yummy.
Walking back to the car the boys saw the fountains and wanted to play so we took off their shirts and shoes and let them run.
Case was having the best time, as soon as we let him go he was running through the fountains and sticking his head in them. He had no fear, the older two were not too sure at first and just kind of watched Case be a crazy man. I finally grabbed him because he was being so crazy and I was worried he was really going to hurt himself.
After Case went wild the older two decided it was pretty fun after all and did not want to leave.
Case wanting in on more water action with the boys. My mom was so great this trip always staying back or sitting out to help with Case so Marni and I could have fun with the older boys. After the fountains we went back to Marni's and went swimming one more time before bed.
Sunday morning Marni and I woke up early and went on an awesome long run in the foothills in Boise. I seriously love Boise, there is so much to do but still has that small town feel to it as well. There are so many trails in the foothills to run, bike or hike. I look forward to running there every time we go. We got home and the boys woke up shortly after. They had their chocolate milk and banana out on Marni's patio overlooking the pool. We all sat out on the patio enjoying the morning and drinking coffee. Marni made us egg sandwiches for breakfast and we had a perfect, lazy morning. We spent the rest of the day Sunday swimming and then spent a little time at the mall.
For dinner we went to Red Robin and met up with Marni's boyfriend Chris. The boys had fun playing with the games and loved their dinners.
Checking out a video that Chris was showing them on his phone.
Crazy Case!
After dinner my mom took Case back to Marni's so he could go to bed and Marni and I took the boys to Ice Age 4 in 3D. It was so fun, the boys loved every minute of it and laughed through a lot of the movie.
Getting ready to watch the movie.
They were very excited with their popcorn, rootbeer and licorice thanks to Aunt Marni.
After the movie in front of the fountain.
My beautiful little sister.
We stayed one more night and then went home on Monday after Marni left for work. Marni and I got up at 5 to get one last run in the foothills together before I had to leave. It was a perfect end to a perfect weekend. We had such a GREAT weekend, lots of fun times and fun memories were made. I wish we could do this more often and really wish we could see Marni more. Thanks so much Marni for a fantastic weekend. We all love you!


Michelle said...

Oh what a blast! :) Loved this post!

Tabaitha said...

So fun! I just want to kiss Case's belly. Too cute!

The Price Family said...

You have the best family-- you all look fabulous! So excited to get our kids together in the pool next week! Love you!

desertrunnergirl said...

What an awesome weekend! I love that Colt has a Lulu t-shirt!! You all look great.

Marni said...

Reading the post makes me so sad...I miss you guys hard! So glad you came and brought all the wouldn't be the same with each of them there! Love you lots and lots sister!