Monday, May 29, 2017

Memorial Weekend : Boise

We spent Memorial Day weekend in Boise this year for my niece Elena's high school graduation. I pulled the kids out of school early on Friday after lunch and we drove to Boise (Dave had to work all weekend so he could not come). I was a little nervous about driving by myself but my parents would be leaving a few hours later so I figured if anything happened they wouldn't be far behind me anyway.  We got into Boise around 6 and picked up Maggie before heading over to Marni and Chris's place. We ended up going out for dinner and then to a playground so the kids could run around for a bit before heading back to Chris and Marni's for some late night time in the hot tub and smore's (for the kids) and drinks (for the adults).
 Colbi and Maggie the youngest cousins of the bunch, both of them are 3.5.

 Papa and DiDi trying out the teetor-totter.
Uncle Chris and Case.
 Hot tub time is the best time.
 DiDi, Madelyn (the oldest grandaughter) and Papa.

Elena's graduation was Saturday morning and since my kids were not cooperating I did not get any great pictures of us but it was a beautiful hot sunny day and after the graduation we spent a few hours swimming with all the kids before heading over to my sister's house for dinner. Sunday we celebrated my dad's 77th birthday with a big lunch and more swimming and playing with cousins. The kids were awesome, well behaved, nice to everyone and had so much fun playing with all their cousins. It was such an enjoyable weekend and so fun to have all my sisters and nieces all together at the same time.

 Elena with Papa and Jax.
 Family time. Yea its so easy getting a pic of everyone.
 Elena Dorothy Rebholtz. She is attending Texas Christian University in the fall.
 Cousins!
Madelyn (20), Elena (18), Lucy (15), Perry (10), Reese (10), Colt (9), Jax (7), Case (6), Maggie (3) and Colbi (3).

 Putting candles on the cake for our May birthday people.


 Memorial weekend was made even better by the amazing weather we had. The kids all got to swim a couple times in Chris and Marni's community pool.
 This is what my bed looked like when I would sneak out to run in the mornings with my sisters. Colt was on the floor.
 On the drive home we stopped in Union at my grandparents graves. My dad lost his dad and then his mom to cancer when he was 5 & 8. It was neat to show this to the kids and talk to them about Papa's mom and dad. They had a lot of questions for us.


No comments: