Sunday, June 25, 2017

Happy 10th Birthday Colt!

This year Colt asked me for a birthday party with friends. I think this was the first year he has ever had one, with our families being so big we usually just try to get all the grandparents, aunt, uncles and cousins together and call it a party.  He had a few friends he wanted to invite and I suggested we have it at our new pool in town and he was all for it.  He made a list and helped me grocery shop, we put together sack lunches for everyone and Colt filled the cooler with drinks. He  also made gift bags for all his friends. It was a perfect day for a party, the pool was so fun and everyone had a great time. It was also pretty easy for me, I just kept an eye on Colbi and the kids all ran around and had fun.
We celebrated his birthday the day before his actual birthday because Dave had to work. We had a lot of family over for an evening bbq and the cousins all played together outside while the adults crammed into our little duplex and tried to stay cool.

 These kids are so lucky to have each other! I grew up with 9 cousins and loved every memory of being with them during the holidays and whenever we could see them.  Lucky for us all of them only live an hour away but its still not close enough!

 He picked out his own DQ cake this year, he wanted a football but since they didn't have it the buck was his next choice.


 He made out with tons of outdoor gear and he can't wait to put it to use this summer and fall camping and hunting with Dave.

Colt is the best big brother and a natural born leader. He is always the first to try and figure out how to fix something even after I tell him it can't be fixed (he usually proves me wrong!). He still loves it when I lay with him at night and tell him stories and he still grabs my hand and holds it when I sit next to him. He is big and strong and loves to wrestle and spend time with his dad. He loves sports and seems to enjoy whatever is in season though I know his true favorite is football. He played soccer in the fall, basketball in the winter and baseball this spring. He will do flag football this summer and while he could do tackle football in the fall I think we are going to hold off a few more years before he jumps into that, he has decided to play fall baseball this year instead of soccer. He made the majors in baseball this year and had learned a lot from the older kids about baseball, being a teammate and hard work. It has been fun to watch his team play and for the first time in my life I actually enjoy watching a baseball game! Next year we will switch schools (and hopefully move into our new home in late fall!) which I know he is nervous about. He already knows a few kids at Berney so I'm hopeful it will be an easy transition for him. Of all my kids I am most concerned about him with switching schools. He has loved Davis and has never had a bad year in school, he had great teachers and friends. I am praying that is the same experience for him at Berney. 

 10 year stats
Weight: 95 lbs
Height: 58.5  inches 
Birthday Questions
What do you want the most for your birthday? hammock
What do you want for your birthday breakfast? breakfast burritos with a side of bacon and hashbrowns
What is your favorite color? black
What is your favorite toy? gun
What is your favorite fruit? mangos
What is your favorite vegetable? carrots
What is your favorite movie? Rocky I
What is your favorite animal? dog
What is your favorite book? Not sure but I enjoy sport books.
Who is your best friend? Brackyn
What is your favorite sport? football
What is your favorite thing to do outside? throw strikes
What do you sleep with at night? monkey and about 10 other stuffed animals
What is your favorite thing to eat? ribs
What do you want to be when you grow up? football player
What is your favorite thing to do with dad? be a stud (lol)
 What is your favorite thing to do with mom?  play catch

No comments: