Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Colt's growing up!

My sweet first born is no longer a baby anymore, obviously he has not been a baby for quite awhile but recent happenings have made me even more aware that he is getting older! The first being that he is an AMAZING big brother to Jax. He loves to interact with Jax, he lays on the floor beside him while I am making dinner or doing chores and will tickle Jax and make him laugh. He gives him his binky when he is sad and likes to pull his binky out of his mouth and make faces at him until Jax smiles or laughs. It is really the sweetest thing. We went bike riding tonight and Dave pulled both the kids in the bike trailer, when I rode up alongside them I look in the the trailer and Jax is sleeping and Colt is holding his hand and tucking the blanket around him so he doesn't get cold.  Then later when I was in the shower I had put Jax on the floor with some toys and Colt was downstairs with Dave, I could hear Jax laughing so I poked my head out the door and Colt was laying beside him on the floor blowing raspberries on his stomach. I wish I could have gotten that on camera because Jax was laughing so hard and it was the sweetest thing. Though Colt is a typical 2 year old boy and does his share of naughty things he does have the sweetest heart.
If you look closely you can see he is wearing underwear. Potty training is underway and though I have been trying (unsuccesfully) since September to get him potty trained this is by far the best he has done. Before it would usually last a day and then the next day he was back in a diaper. He has been wearing big boy under for about 2 weeks now and this week my brave babysitter told me to send him to daycare in big boy underwear. He has his share of peeing accidents and has had one poop accident but for the most part he is doing really well. For the most part he is good about telling us he has to go but sometimes when he gets to playing he forgets and will pee.  It is so nice not to have to change 2 year old poop anymore though! I will post later (once I know this is a success) about the trials and triumphs of potty training. I will say that it is probably one of the worst parts of being a parent though.
He is really into playing outside on his bike right now and shooting hoops. One of my friends has a basketball hoop that her boys have outgrown so she is giving it to us and Colt is so excited about it. Colt talks ALOT and says the funniest things.

No comments: