Monday, August 9, 2010

Fun with the sister/auntie/daughter.

My mom, the little boys and I made a trip to Boise to see Marni this past
weekend. It was the perfect trip and we had so much fun. Marni just moved into a new apartment and it was perfect, her place was right next to the pool so we spent a lot of time swimming and it was also close to downtown so we did a lot of walking as well. We got there Friday afternoon (after a very long car ride with Jax screaming for 3 hours of the trip)  and went swimming right away, my mom made homemade pizza and we enjoyed that down by the pool. Later that night we walked downtown to this little candy store called Goodies. We all enjoyed some homemade ice cream and then worked off the calories by walking back to her place. 
Saturday morning Marni and I went on a 10 mile run in the foothills of Boise, Marni is in incredibly good shape and it was good for me to try and keep up with her. The first 6.4 miles were uphill but it was still very fun and we got to talk a lot while still keeping a pretty good pace. We got home and walked down to Java for coffee and oatmeal (they have the best places to eat breakfast in Boise!) and then took the boys to a nearby park to play while my mom went on a bike ride. The rest of the day was spent at her place relaxing, talking, reading and swimming. We had chicken and steak with veggies skewers that night and then put the boys back in the stroller and walked to TCBY for some yummy yogurt (peanut butter for everyone but my mom....yummy!). 
Sunday morning we woke up, had breakfast and then did some shopping. My mom and Marni both treated me to a little something from Banana Republic. Marni was literally dragging me through the store and trying to convince me to try stuff on, I have NO style and it showed. Marni also bought Colt his birthday present from the GAP, he got some cute fall clothes including a Buzz Lightyear shirt which he was very excited about. After shopping we went back so the boys could nap and everyone but me ended up napping (I was reading a book I found at Marni's and couldn't put it down). After naps we went swimming again and then had bbq hamburgers and fruit for dinner by the pool. 
We woke up at 5:45 (that's 4:45 my time!) Monday morning so we could go on one last run before we had to leave and Marni had to go back to work.  It was such a fun trip and one that my mom and I try and do every year together. I could leave the boys at home with Dave but Marni loves seeing  and playing with them and I don't think I am ready to leave them for that long just yet. Both the boys were so easy (as easy as a 1 and 3 year old can be), they slept well, played well and were happy to be there. We were in a 2 bedroom apartment so we didn't have a lot of room and I really didn't bring any toys besides Colt's sword, a ball for Jax and some books for nap and bedtime ( I didn't want to pack any more than I had too) but it worked out fine. The ride home was MUCH better, Jax just cried a little at the very end. Thanks for the fun Marni!

5 comments:

... Us Lyons... said...

How great Carolyn. I love Boise and miss it tons. You are right, it does have the best breakfast places. I didn't realize your sister lived there. Your post made me jealous of your visit :)

Erin said...

Looks like a wonderful trip!

Unknown said...

IT was a truly fabulous trip....I am so lucky to have daughters like you two!

Michelle said...

Looks like so much fun! Sorry Jax cried for 3 hours....makes it seem more like 6. Maybe one day we'll all get to run together...although you and Marni would leave me in the dust, I'm sure!

McP Family said...

I love the picks. I am glad you guys had a girls weekend and the boys look so big. I love Jax's hat in the pool and Colts face as he is eating the yogurt.