Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

The last two weeks have been very relaxing and enjoyable. We have had a lot of fun spending time with both our families, here and in Tri-Cities. Marni came and stayed for 5 days which was a treat, she stayed with us and after sleeping the first 2 days she finally came out of her cave (this may be a slight exaggeration) and we all had fun with her. Her and I went on a couple runs, got up early for a spin class at the Y one morning and spent a lot of time hanging out playing with the boys. Dave's sister Katie was home from Louisiana for Christmas so we made a couple trips to Tri-Cities to see her. Colt asks everyday when she is coming back to see him. We had lots of lazy mornings as a family, it was nice not having to wake up at 4:30 every morning. Lots of early morning snuggles with the boys in our bed, evenings spent watching movies and eating popcorn and no set schedule. Dave and I went to dinner and the movie True Grit (great movie) one night and my parents even kept the kids overnight so we got to sleep in the next day (we didn't wake up until 7:30!). We spent New Years with Dave's family in Tri-Cities. We had fun eating good food, laughing and playing games. Colt even stayed up until midnight and had fun playing with Camryn. Towards the end of the break we all got colds and now Dave and I have full blown head colds, of course it happens right as the break is ending. Dave even got some time off, he had 3 days weekends the last 2 weekends which was nice too.

I am really looking forward to 2011, I loved 2010 and have great memories to look back on throughout the last year. 2011 will bring a new member to our family and I am getting really excited to meet him/her. We have an ultrasound on Wednesday, looking forward to seeing this baby and praying all is healthy.

1 comment:

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

I am so glad you had such an amazing time with your family and you even got to sleep in:) You seriously have the CUTEST kids ever...I am jealous. Thank you so much for the sweet comment you left me...it made my day!