Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bedtime routine

Colt and I before bedtime tonight. He saw my camera and pointed to it and said cheese so I asked him if he wanted to take a picture and he said yes. He was so funny posing for all these photos(I took a bunch but thought one would be enough on the blog). The kid cracks me up!
Usually around 7 or a little before we go and lay on my bed and read 3-4 books together, he is getting to where he actually is starting to listen to the story a little bit better and will just sit there while I read as long as I don't spend too much time on one page. His favorite books are ones with animals or trucks in them. Then I go and put him to bed, sometimes I will rock with him for a couple minutes just because its one of the few times he will sit and really cuddle with me. Most nights he goes to sleep between 7 and 8 and will go to bed pretty happily about it. There are of course nights when I have to let him cry a little bit but those nights are rare and it usually happens when his bedtime routine was switched up because of time or other factors. He wakes up most mornings between 7 and 8. During the week when I am up and moving around its sometimes earlier but if we are sleeping he will keep sleeping on the weekends which is really nice. Mornings are my favorite times with him, he is so happy and so cute!! I love my little boy!

4 comments:

The Price Family said...

I love it!!! What a cheeser, I miss Mr. Colt man. I am glad you had a great weekend... Crew has been loving the park too these past few weeks, it is great to be outside again :) MISS U!

Brittsan's said...

He's just such a cutie! I love his little smile. Looks like he's over being sick? But sounds like Dave has caught it, huh? Sooo...we're expecting Baby Brittsan #2!!! We just found out and are super excited!

McP Family said...

Look at those teeth. He is so cute!!!

Conlin Family said...

He's so cute! They grow up too quick and the things that they say...doesn't it amaze you?!