Tuesday, February 3, 2009

IT'S A...........

...........SURPRISE!!! We had our ultrasound today. It was such a relief to have it and see the baby and know that all is well. I have been reading way too much stuff lately about all the things that parents find out in ultrasounds that could be wrong with the baby. I had told Dave before I was even pregnant again that I wanted our 2nd baby to be a surprise so we did not find out the gender. The ultrasound technician did give us a pretty clear shot between the legs though when she was getting pictures of the babies legs and so Dave has his own idea as to what the gender is but I'll let him believe what he wants to believe. He's no expert, after all this was only the 2nd ultrasound he has ever seen in his life!! All looked great with the baby and it was so fun to see all the movement, this baby has been sooooo active and really moving alot, much earlier than Colt did. Dave has even felt the baby move a couple of times already so that has been fun. Just like Colt this baby is measuring about 1.5 weeks bigger than average size but I don't anticipate having a small baby so I am guessing that's pretty normal for me. The ultrasound technician said its actually nice when the baby is a little bigger because then there is usually nothing to be worried about!! The baby is transverse right now which is kind of weird to think about but it still has a long time to move head down so she told me not to worry about that right now. I have my next doctor appointment on Monday so I will be interested to see what my doctor has to say after reading the results. I have some pics of the ultrasound I will try and put up this week as well as a 20 week belly shot. I am getting so excited to meet my new son/daughter, its all seeming so real now!

3 comments:

Mo's blog said...

Yay for a new HEALTHY baby! Cannon was active early and huge as well. It made for some cussing during delivery... I don't know how you have the patience to wait for birth to know what it is! Sleep when you can, and take care!

moxie mama said...

I can't believe you can let it be a surprise! I don't think I'd survice. I'd be calling my doctor "PLEASE, I take it back. JUST TELL ME!" Good for you! :)

The Mac Attack said...

For a second I though you found out. But you didnt :P I still think its a girl. I cant wait to mee the baby. Oh and I will be heading to walla in april so we need to hook up!