Monday, January 26, 2009

Busy Week

Well the last week has been a busy one. We had Katie's wedding last weekend and then Dave left on Tuesday for Lake Tahoe with his cousin and some friends. Colt and I had a usual work week with me teaching and him going to daycare and then we spent the evenings cuddling, reading books, playing hide and seek, coloring and doing some more cuddling ( I am loving all the cuddling he is giving me lately.) After he went to bed every night I would curl up on the couch with a couple pieces of Dove chocolate ( I can't get enough of that stuff right now, I keep it in my freezer so its nice and cold when I eat it....if you haven't tried it you should its amazing!), blog, check out facebook, look for double baby joggers and then fall fast asleep around 9. However, this was the week when Colt decided to wake up every night Dave was gone and cry for his daddy for hours until I finally went in and got him. He slept with me every night Dave was gone so you can imagine how much sleep I did not get (he moves way too much in his sleep and wakes up if he is not touching me!).
Colt finally had his 18 month check-up last Friday even though he is now 19 months old! He weighed 26.5 lbs and was 34.5 inches long. He was 60% in weight and 95% in height. Not much has changed there. He has not gained any weight from his 15 month appointment but he was sick for 2 weeks straight and he is just now starting to catch back up.
My sister Ann and her twin girls Perry and Reese came and stayed the weekend with us. It was fun but kind of rough, Reese was pretty sick and Ann finally took her to the doctor only to find out she had an ear infection and then Perry woke up on Sunday morning and threw up all over the place. We had planned to have my mom watch the kids while we went to a movie but that never happened. We were both so exhausted from the weekend we just decided to watch tv and turn in early.
Dave got back home at 2am Monday morning and we are back to another week of normal around here. I am pretty much feeling exhausted ALL THE TIME!! It is so frustrating to never feel like I have the energy to want to do things. I am still working out, still making it to work everyday, still trying to keep the house clean and play with Colt but I just go to bed every night wishing I could just sleep until this feeling goes away. This baby is kicking my butt, but it will all be worth it in June. I am excited to meet this new little person though I must admit I hate to wish for time to go too fast because that means Colt will be almost 2 and as fun as he is I don't want him to get too big!!

4 comments:

The Mac Attack said...

Frozen Chocolate is amazing! My life has been to busy also. Whats new huh?

The Chases said...

oh my goodness care! I am thinking of you always. You are such an amazing mommy! Hang in there and try to sleep as much as you can - sounds so easy but you really need it. You are creating a life! Once your little GIRL gets here, you'll be even more exhausted.

I want to come see you soon...March still work?

The Keatts Family said...

The tired all the time thing is the worst! Of course, I never did the really sick thing. If you ever need anything...let us know, ok?

3 Bay B Chicks said...

So funny to read about your sleeping with Colt while your husband was away. My son was in and out of our bed last night at least three times. Brutal! I think I managed to sleep only every other hour. Why are boys so "active" when they should be resting? :)

-Francesca