Saturday, January 10, 2009

FLU!!

We have all had a yucky case of the flu around this house. Colt started throwing up Tuesday night while my parents were here taking care of him (Dave and I were at growth group) he continued to throw up about every 15 minutes until somewhere around midnight and then we finally got him to sleep. When I went to get him the next morning he had thrown up in his crib and this continued for 3 days, I kept thinking he would get over it. His dr. finally wanted to see him to check for dehydration which he was borderline on but just encouraged us to have him keep drinking lots of pedialyte and watch for wet diapers. He also started getting diarrhea on Wed. so that was not helping his hydration either. I have never seen Colt that sick, he literally did nothing for 3 days but lay in Dave or I's arms and sleep or lay quietly. It was so sad to see but also so comforting just to hold him and cuddle with him like that with no resistance. He seems to be doing much better this morning, he has started to play again with his toys a little bit and his eyes also look a bit brighter. My mom and I both came down with the flu on Thursday, lucky for us we did not have the throwing up but did have the other end of it and my dad came down with it on Friday. I think it hits little kids harder than adults, my mom and I are both feeling pretty good today and I was finally able to eat some toast yesterday after not eating all day on Thursday. Hopefully we are all on the mend and will be back to normal by Monday. 5 out of the 6 kids at Colt's daycare all came down with it and the dr. told us its been lasting about 4 days. The funny thing is that half those kids had the flu shot and half did not (Colt being one of them) so I am still wondering how exactly that flu shot works:) Let's hope the rest of the school year goes better, I am quickly running out of sick days for this school year!!

4 comments:

The Mac Attack said...

Sick babies are the worst. Mae threw up 3 times yesterday. So sad. Im glad your all feeling better though.

Amanda said...

There's nothing worse than a sick kid. I'm sorry you guys had a nastly little bug.

AND CONGRATULATIONS!!! I haven't read in a while, didn't know you were pregnant again!! How exciting. Good luck!

McP Family said...

YUCK!!!!!! Didn't you get sick the last time you were pregnant too?

Conlin Family said...

That's not fun at all. I hope you all stay healthy now!