Monday, January 19, 2009

Finally.....we're HEALTHY!!!


Just wanting to cuddle and get over this nasty sickness!!
This picture pretty much sums up what Colt has done for the last 2 weeks. He has been soooo sick. He threw up for 10 days straight, had diarehea, a cold, cough and overall just very quiet and cuddly. I missed 4.5 days of school and my mom missed 3.5 days staying home and taking care of him. It was stressful trying to juggle everything and even harder because I never thought he was going to feel better. The doctor finally decided to do a blood test and x-ray on his tummy last Friday just to rule out anything serious. All the results came back fine and they ended up giving him some medicine to calm his stomach down so he could keep food down. He is finally starting to seem like his normal self again and I am so relieved!! Its nice to have my smiley, happy boy back even though I did love all the cuddling I got while he was sick. He also seems to have a real liking for the word "no" lately. He says "no" to almost anything I ask him to do which is a big change for me as he used to always do what I asked him too. Most the time it seems like he does it just to be silly and once he realizes I am serious he usually listens. Dave is really good about disciplining him and he listens sooo well to him!! Isn't that always the way.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a cute picture of David and Colt! I am so glad he is finally feeling better. There is nothing worse than a sick baby! It was great seeing you at the wedding!

Mo's blog said...

Its so hard when they're that sick!! Glad to know you're all feeling better. How do people handle all of those things when they don't have family close by to help out!?

McP Family said...

i am glad he is feeling better! I do love the cuddlies. Did he loose any weight? I might come down on Feb 28th....not sure yet. If so, I will let you know. Maybe we can get together for a coffee or what not.