Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Baby "Pizza"

Thought I should give an update on Baby "Pizza" this is what Colt calls the baby, in fact he refuses to refer to it as anything other than "pizza." You ask him what we should name it and he says "pizza" or if you ask him what's in mommy's tummy he says "pizza." Dave asked him the other day if we should name the baby "Dave" if its a boy and Colt looks at him all confused and says "No, PIZZA!!" So we have taken to calling this baby Pizza for the time being. Anyway, I had another doctor appointment yesterday because I have been having some weird stuff going on lately. Last Monday Dave got the flu and was throwing up pretty much all night and spent all day Tuesday in bed, on Tuesday I started throwing up at work around lunchtime and I spent all Wed. in bed. During this time I started having some contractions, not just the little braxton hicks contractions, these were in my back. Once I got over the flu and kept liquids down it got better but I would still get them sporadically. Also, since getting the flu I have been really nauseated and having really bad heartburn all day long. At track practice on Monday afternoon I had like 4 contractions in about 30 minutes so I ended up having to leave practice early and go home and get my feet up. So, I finally called yesterday morning feeling kind of stupid like maybe I was just worrying too much about all this but my dr. wanted me to come in and just get checked out. Overall, the appointment went well. She checked me and I am not dilated at all, she did the fetal-fibronectin test (which basically lets you know if you are going to go into labor in the next 14 days) which turned up negative and then she sent me over to the OB floor at the hospital to run a non-stress test. When she was listening to the baby's heartbeat on the doppler it was staying pretty steady at about 140 and not rising above that at any time so she wanted to just check and make sure all was well there. I layed in the hospital bed and read a book for an hour while they did the test, once the baby started moving the heartrate started changing and I was cleared to go home. The only concern right now is that my cervix has softened, its still a little early for it to be softening so I am going back next week for my normal appointment and she will check again to be sure nothing has changed. Until then she put me on Zantac to try and relieve the constant nausea that I have been dealing with and told me to take it easy. Stay off my feet and don't push the exercise too much. Though she did say it was all right if I wanted to continue walking as long as it was not causing anymore contractions. I still have about another 4 weeks left of track but if I can get through those 4 weeks I will be at 36 weeks and ready to roll. My students are telling me that they don't think I will make it to the end of the school year, I think that's there polite way of telling me I look HUGE!!:)

6 comments:

Mo's blog said...

The slightest things out of the ordinary can be scary!! I think its best to call the dr. just in case, if anything else its reassuring. I love that the baby is called Pizza. His/her entire life they may end up with that nickname. Pizza Pemberton I love it!

Unknown said...

Hi Carolyn,

“Baby Pizza” that’s too cute! My name is Kirsten, and I'm a member of the public relations team that raises awareness for The fetal fibronectin test. I read your blog and thought you might like to become a fan of the fetal fibronectin test on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/FullTerm-The-Fetal-Fibronectin-Test/39071689435). On our fan page we share the latest on the fetal fibronectin test, prematurity and all things pregnancy.

Additionally, if you're interested in helping spread awareness about the benefits of the Fetal Fibronectin Test or receiving our quarterly newsletter, please contact me by emailing fFN@schwartz-pr.com. My team generates stories about the benefits of the test among women at high risk for delivering early in national, local and online outlets.

We're always interested in speaking with women who had the test and are willing to share their experience to make sure other, at-risk pregnant women know there is a test available to help predict premature birth.

I hope to hear from you.

Regards,
Kirsten

McP Family said...

you don't lok huge, you look beautiful!!! I gotta tell ya, you give me babi itis.
So glad to see you the other day. Love you tons.

McP Family said...

Give Colt and baby "Pizza" a squeeze for me!!

Conlin Family said...

That's too cute! So he will be referred to as pizza forever now, huh?! I have a nephew that's a couple months older than Cooper and his siblings named him Cheeto before he was born and that's what they call him now.
Hope you're feeling good and everything's going well...I want to see some updated tummy pics!

The Chases said...

That is so cute but I have a feeling that Colt is going to be disappointed when he finds out that its not pizza in there!=) Love you!