Saturday, August 13, 2011

Grandma Milly's 80th birthday celebration

We took a quick weekend trip to Grants Pass Oregon to celebrate my grandma Milly's 80th birthday. Lots of my aunts, uncles, cousins and all of my sisters and families came to celebrate with my grandma. It was so fun to be back on the farm and to see my boys enjoy it so much. All the kids had a blast seeing the cows, picking blackberries, running around the fields and playing in the water trough. It was great to catch up with some of my cousins and aunts & uncles as well as some of my parents good friends.
Jax, Di Di and my grandma Milly.
My sisters loving on their newest nephew, Case.
Lots of kids playing, blowing bubbles and running around having FUN!

My niece's Reese and Perry (they are twins and are just a couple months older than Colt.).


Aunt Ann and Case.
Great Grandma Milly with Case, her youngest great grandson.

Papa got some fish while he was in Grants Pass. The boys were so excited.
My grandma with her daughters. My mom (Diane), Donna and Debbie.
Dad and Amy. I love this picture.
My grandma with her four children. 
Dennis, Donna, Debbie and Diane.
The kids playing again, Colt and Jax had so much fun. There were kids every where and they all just ran around playing like they had known each other forever. It was pretty cute.
Jax and his cousin Perry playing in the water.
Colt and my cousin Kristy's boy Jacob.
Jax getting some snuggles with daddy, he was a tired boy by the end of the night.
Elena and Reese loving on their Papa. 
What a fun time and my grandma was so happy and excited we were all there for her. I have so many great memories of the farm growing up. We spent every Christmas there until I was a senior in high school. My Papa John and Grandma Milly were very involved with Marni and I growing up and they often came and visited us and watched me play sports. When we were younger they would meet us in Bend, Oregon for a weekend and take us school shopping. That was always a highlight for Marni and I! Papa John passed away when I was a senior and I still think about him and miss him a lot. I can't hear the song "Amazing Grace" without thinking of him and crying. Great memories were made on their farm and it was so fun to go back and watch my kids love it as much as I did when I was younger.

No comments: