Monday, September 19, 2011

Bellevue : Girls Weekend

Case and I traveled to Bellevue on Friday to surprise my college friend Julie Price with a 30th birthday weekend celebration. I stopped in Ellensburg and picked up my friend Randi which made it nice not having to do the entire drive by myself. We met up at Tracey's house in Sammamish, it was a perfect meeting place and she was nice enough to let all of us crash at her place for the weekend. We got there Friday night close to 9 and stayed up until 1am talking. It was so fun to catch up with my old college friends and volleyball teammates. It was also fun to introduce them to Case, Courtney was the only one that had met him and the girls had fun holding and snuggling him all weekend. He was a great little companion and I loved having him with me. The next morning we had coffee and breakfast and then drove into Bellevue to do some shopping.
Me, Court and Randi in front of the cupcake shop.
Stacey, Julie (the birthday girl) and Tracey.
Most of the girls got pedicures while we are at the mall.
After an afternoon of non-stop shopping we headed out to dinner at the Melting Pot.
If you have never been to the Melting Pot you must go at least once! It was amazing food and we spent 4 hours there eating, talking, laughing and drinking (except for me since I had the baby and was driving:)). The first course was cheese fondue, we got to pick three different types of cheese. My favorite was the Spinach Artichoke.
They also give you all sorts of things to dip in the cheese, surprisingly my favorite was the granny smith apples.
Then everyone got to pick their own salad, after the salad they brought out the meat. The meat was given to you raw and then you could pick how you wanted to cook it. They also brought out lots of really good sauces to accompany the meat. We had chicken, shrimp, salmon, and two types of steak.
The last and my favorite course was the chocolate fondue. This is the yin & yang which is a dark and white chocolate, we also had chocolate peanut butter and a salted caramel chocolate.
All the yummies to dip in the chocolate.
Between all of us we have 19 kids ages 5 years to 3 weeks.
The girls having fun with their drinks.


Twinsies.
My mom had bought me this lululemon jacket in Santa Barbara and Stacy picked out the same one at the store in Bellevue. We went out to breakfast the next morning and this little cafe in Sammamish before hitting the road back home. It was a fun weekend and great to spend time with some of my very favorite people.

No comments: