Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Santa Barbara

My mom, Marni, Case and I spent Labor Day weekend in Santa Barbara, California. Marni had qualified for this trip through work and her boss agreed to send my mom and I with her. Case got to come too since he needed to eat. We had such a fun time, I was apprehensive about leaving the older boys and pretty sad when we left but I knew they would be fine with Dave and probably have a lot of fun (which they did!). We arrived in SB around 3 on Friday afternoon, we checked into our hotel (the 4 seasons) and then walked around checking everything out. The hotel was beautiful and overlooked the ocean. That night we all dressed up and walked to dinner in Montecito, it was such a nice evening we ate outside, talked a lot and Case was very well behaved sleeping through dinner.
 On Saturday we woke up and got a good workout in at the hotel fitness center. Then we all got ready and went to breakfast and Jeannie's Cafe in Montecito. The food was so good and so was the coffee!
 My mom and Marni ordered the California omelet.
My breakfast was homemade granola with yogurt and fruit. I could eat this everyday.
 After breakfast we drove into downtown Santa Barbara for some shopping on State Street. We had been walking around shopping for a couple hours when Marni said she needed something to eat. By eat she meant frozen yogurt so we got on our I-phones and found the nearest place. There was a Pinkberry yogurt a block away, it was yummy!

 We hit up Lululemon and Nordstroms along with a couple other various shops. It was low 70's and perfect weather for outdoor shopping (the mall was outdoors and really nice).
Marni and Case shopping at Nordstrom's. We all started getting really hungry around 4:30 so we walked to a Sushi restaurant for dinner. It was so good and Marni must have ordered at least 10 rolls and between the 3 of us we had no trouble finishing all of it (well I think Marni and I ate most of it but my mom did help a little). After sushi Marni and I wanted dessert so of course we got on our I-phones again and found a Yogurtland about a mile from the sushi place. My mom walked back to the car (apparently she doesn't need to eat frozen yogurt more than once a day) and Marni, Case and I walked down to Yogurtland. This place was amazing, it must have had 20 different flavors of frozen yogurt, it was one of the definite highlights of the trip for Marni and I.
 The next morning Marni and I got up and went on a 7 mile run along the ocean, once we got back my mom had a massage scheduled so Marni and I got ready and walked to the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf in Montecito for a coffee. I love that place and their coffee is really good. Marni and I both thought the best part of the trip was the coffee and the frozen yogurt.
 Aunt Marni and Case.
 We walked back to the hotel and met up with my mom and found a fun place to eat on the ocean for lunch. We sat outside and enjoyed the food and talked about what we wanted to do for our last day in SB.
 Marni mentioned that Oprah Winfrey lived here so she googled her place and we decided to try and find it.
 Here it is! We pulled into the driveway and then saw all the security cameras and told my mom to turn around and get out of here, but first Marni got a picture.
 Next we found a Trader Joe's so we stopped by there, it was a smaller one so they didn't have everything that most Trader Joe's have but it was still fun.
After that we went back to the hotel and laid around for a bit before Marni and I decided we had to have Yogurtland one more time before we left SB. My mom again said she didn't want any (crazy lady). So Marni, Case and I walked the 4 miles to Yogurtland and that walk was well worth it. My mom picked us up so we didn't have to walk back and we ended the evening watching a movie and getting packed up.
The next morning I was up at 4:30 with this little guy. By the time he went back to sleep it was time to get up head to the airport. We got there at 6 only to find out our flight was delayed and we would most likely miss our connecting flight to Boise. My mom and I thought for sure we were going to have to spend another night in Boise and miss work the next day. We got off the plane in San Francisco and all three of us were running for our gate to try and make our connecting flight only to find out that flight had been delayed too. We made it back to Boise around 4 and then drove home to Walla Walla. We had a great time and it was so fun spending time with my little sister and my mom. 


Jeff and Erin said...

Love all the pictures, looks and sounds like you all had a great time. The ocean run sounds so fabulous. And Im super jealous about the yogurt, one of my new favs :)

Keri said...

How fun, Care. So envious of this mom and daughter trip! Love the photos and you all look great. xxx