Monday, June 18, 2007

One week to go!

This picture was taken when I was 36 weeks pregnant.
I have had this hope all along that maybe this little guy would come early but here I am at 39 weeks and still no baby! I went to the doctor today, I am 2cm and 50% effaced a big progression from last week where I was barely 1cm. She tried to schedule an induction for this week but the hospital was full tomorrow and wednesday and she already had a scheduled c-section for Thursday so we were out of luck! I will see her again next Monday and if I still have not had him then she will most likely induce me sometime next week. At any rate I feel pretty confident that in the next two weeks I will be holding my new son. I can not believe that its almost here, I feel like I have waited for so long and now its finally going to happen! In the meantime I am going to continue trying all the "labor tricks" and see if I can get something to happen this week.

1 comment:

Life in the Kerlee Household said...

I'm getting so excited for you! I bet you are sooo anxious to meet the little one. I wish you a fast and safe delivery. We'll be thinking of you.

*if you have a breat pump, try start pumping. it can stimulate the uterus and make it start contractions! And you can save any milk or colostrum for when the baby is here!