Saturday, June 30, 2007

Pictures and Thoughts



Having a child has been the most amazing experience of my entire life. From the moment he came out and they put him on my stomach I fell instantly in love with this little person that I had only really known for a few seconds though I had carried him for the past 9 months. I thought that when I married Dave almost 4 years ago I would never be as happy as I was at that moment. When Colt came into this world it equally matched the way I felt on our wedding day only with even more emotion. To turn and see your husband with tears in his eyes as he looks at his son for the first time was a moment that I wish I could capture in time. After they cleaned him off and checked him out they put him on my chest skin to skin. He looked up at me with these huge blue eyes and I just lost it. I do not know what the future has in store for Colt but I do know that he will be raised with parents who think he is the world to them. I wish I was better at expressing in writing exactly what I am trying to say but I know that if you are a mom you understand what I am feeling right now. I am so thankful for my husband and my new son and that God has given both of us such a wonderful gift!

No comments: