Friday, June 25, 2010

Colt is 3!!!!

Today my boy turns 3! 
Colt is an amazing little guy and in his 3 short years of life has taught Dave and I so much about love, patience, forgiveness and kindness. The past 3 years have flown by and I still find myself trying to remember what it felt like to hold him as a newborn. The memory is always there but the feeling is something I have a hard time holding on to, there are times when I want to go back to that day he was born and remember and feel everything perfect and surreal about it. However, part of life is growing up and instead of feeling sad and emotional I am going to approach his 3rd birthday with a feeling of excitement, joy and celebration.

This past year Colt has turned from a toddler into a boy. He talks in full sentences (and says the funniest things), knows his ABC's and recognizes many of the letters, is getting pretty good at counting, knows all his colors, wears big boy underwear, brushes his own teeth,gets himself dressed, puts his own shoes and socks on, puts his clothes in the laundry basket, is able to use the toilet with no help from us, is a great helper always picking up his toys and putting his dinner plate away, is a great big brother to Jax, knows how to use my I-Phone and the list goes on. He loves to read books, play outside, find bugs, shoot his bow, fight dragons, lions and bears, swim, ride his bike, watch movies (Toy Story and Shrek are favorites right now) and wrestle with daddy (I see a trip to the ER in our near future). He is full of love and always is telling me how much he loves me. He loves to wrestle with daddy but prefers to snuggle with mommy and that makes my day!

His birthday today was amazing and perfect. He knew the minute he woke up this morning that today was his birthday. We celebrated all day long doing fun things and in return he was unbelievably well behaved. He shared his presents with his cousin, said please and thank you after every gift and told me and Dave he loved us countless times today. It was wonderful to be part of such a fun day and watching my boy "grow older" that today was not nearly as emotional as I thought it would be. Instead, he just made me proud to be his mommy. I am looking forward to his next year of life and reminding myself to savor every minute of it because they really do grow up fast! I have so many pictures from his birthday that I will try and post tomorrow. It's late and my 3 year old just told me he was finally ready for bed. I only hope all his birthday's are this wonderful!

No comments: