Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

We celebrated Valentine's Day yesterday as a family. Since the boys don't know the difference anyway and it was a weekend it made it easier to make the day fun and special without me having to be gone to work in the morning or Dave gone the rest of the day. I put up some decorations the night before and got each boy a balloon along with a spiderman wash cloth and a little box of spiderman candy. They were so excited when we walked downstairs Sunday morning and saw all of it.

 Memah and Poppi had sent them a Valentine package too, so they got to open that as well.

 Teddy Grahams and gummy bears.
Oh the three year old awkward smile!
I made baked oatmeal with strawberries for breakfast and bacon then we went to church. After church we got the kids McDonald's and went to the park so they could eat and play for a couple hours. The weather was 60 degrees here yesterday and could not have been more beautiful. After the boys rested for awhile we got out the Valentine's cupcakes we had made the night before and they each had one. I didn't do anything fancy, just bought a funfetti cake mix box and put pink food coloring in it and the frosting, then decorated with red sprinkles. Colt and Jax both loved it and thought it was fun, that's all that matters right! Dave and I had growth group that night so my parents came over to watch the boys and brought more Valentine's day treats. Dave and I's favorite candy from Brights, coffee beans from Walla Walla Roastery, pizza gift certificate and treats for the boys. Growing up my mom always got my sister and I a Valentine's Day gift, even now that I am almost 30 I don't think she has ever missed a Valentine's Day, I always look forward to it (though I try to act like its not a big deal either way just in case she doesn't do it, she has not let me down yet.). I hope to do the same for my kids as they get older, its not even the gift that means so much it's just the thought that she really cares enough to think about me and my family and put together a package of all our favorite things. Love you Mom and Dad!!
I had to end this post with my Valentine. Even though we don't celebrate the day and buy each other gifts or even go on a date we are still madly in love (well at least I am, I can't speak for him:)). We have been together 11 years now and will be married for 8 this summer. He takes care of me every single day and spoils me rotten, I know I have the easier end of the deal because living with me and all my anal tendencies have to get annoying. I love this guy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Carolyn--you look so pretty!! Love the dress and you are pregnant looking too cute~! We are waiting on allergy results from Keaton. Sunday took both to the Dr. Both have ear infections/colds. Monday realized Dylan wasn't breathing well so we had to give him breathing treatments every 4 hrs. last night. I am tired but working on his birthday plans!! Looks like you had a nice V-day!