Friday, April 25, 2008

10 months old!


I have a 10 month old today!!! How is it that the 10 months I was pregnant with him were the longest of my life and now the last 10 months have gone faster than ever. Colt is great, we are really seeing more of his personality coming out the older he gets. He has really started to notice a lot more and is unsure when we take him somewhere where he does not know anyone. He is happy most of the time but of course has his moments where he is upset, I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that he can understand what he wants but he can not communicate that to us yet. He has started pointing at things that he wants so that helps a lot! He loves to give kisses, wiggle his tongue, wave "hi" and "bye", pull up on our pant legs, pick his hands up above his head when he wants up, walk all around our tables and furniture, stand on his own for a couple of seconds, open drawers and pull EVERYTHING in his sight out of them and onto the floor (I am still working on getting him to put the stuff back in the drawer), play with trucks, rip apart paper, go up the stairs and of course EAT!! His new favorite food is grapes, I think he could eat them all day and never stop. He is really good at understanding when we tell him not to do something and he will usually stop when we tell him no and if he does do it anyway and gets in trouble he cries! He was playing with one of the cords on our lamps the other day and I told him no and he did not stop so I went over to him, grabbed his hand and kind of just hit it with my one finger and said "NO" and he looks up at me and just starts wailing. He made me feel bad but I think he was just scared of my tone more than anything. I have loved having a little baby because they can really do no wrong, I am getting more nervous as he approaches his first birthday because I know that we are going to have to start disciplining him for some things. I think I might let Dave be the bad guy:)

Track is winding down, this is our last week with all of our kids then next week we will have varsity kids only and then the group gets smaller every week as kids advance or do not advance to regionals and state. State is in 4 weeks and then school gets out in 7 weeks. I can hardly wait for the summer! Dave and I have decided that I am going to work full time again next year, we had toyed with the idea of maybe working part time but we love Colt's babysitter and part time would not have worked there next year. The other thing about part time is that I would still have to teach everyday either in the morning or afternoon so we would still need a babysitter everyday. We just decided it was not worth it, Colt has loved going to Joyce's everyday and has really enjoyed all the other kids there. I honestly feel like it has been good for him to be around all those other kids everyday. We have lots of fun stuff planned for the summer starting with a camping trip right after school gets out. It should be interesting camping wtih an 11 month old! We are meeting a bunch of Dave's cousins and there families and a couple of them have babies under 1 so we will not be the only ones! I will try and be better with my posting but if not I can promise that when summer gets here I will post a lot more!

2 comments:

McP Family said...

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said being pregnant for 10 months seemed like such a long time, and now the past 10 months have just flown by. I giggle and have a small tear in my eye because Madi is doing the exact same things Colt is....Our babies are getting so big. I miss you. Maybe we'll drive down to state or regionals to see you guys. Give COlt big kisses for me

The Mac Attack said...

Hello I cant believe that he has officially been out for as long as he was in. I can honstly say Im so glad that it is only 10 months that their in there. Thanks so much for the up date it is so hard to blog right now, so I keep pulling a Care also and posting all at once when I do have a free night. Colt is going to be so grown up when I see him again. I hope you'll be around walla come graduation time. Good luck with getting him to put the stuff back in the drawers and if you figure it out share the knowledge. Love ya gotta feed the babe now.