Monday, August 31, 2009

Jax David : 3 months




Time is flying by and my sweet second son is already 3 months old. I can't believe it has been that long since he was born. I remember thinking how tiny he was and now he is just growing and getting chubbier and sweeter by the day! I am so blessed to be a mommy to two fun loving little boys and am looking forward to raising them together. Jax is a pretty mellow little guy, he does not cry much and when he does it is usually because he is hungry or his tummy hurts. I have not figured it out yet but something that I eat upsets his little tummy. At first I thought it was coffee but I eliminated that and it did not get better. Now I am thinking it might be dairy products. Most the time if I just make sure to keep him upright after he eats for 30 minutes or so then the problem is not so bad but he has the worst gas in the world so I know he can't be feeling that great. He must be a tough guy like his dad and is not letting a little tummyache bother him too much! Jax is also the biggest talker, when you talk to him he just smiles and coos back forever and ever. It is so much fun, I know Colt never talked this much when he was little. Maybe Jax will be an early talker as he gets older (though Colt is a pretty decent talker for his age). The only complaint I have about my sweet boy is his sleeping schedule, he is still waking up at nights. Some nights is just once but other nights it will be 2 or even 3 times. On top of that Colt who has slept 12 hours or more since he was 5 weeks old has now started to wake up during the night too!! Which leaves me feeling completely exhausted all day every day. I can not even think about going back to work right now, I just pray that both boys find a better schedule by the time I go back in November. Jax is already wearing 6 month clothing and he now has 3 chins. At the rate he is growing he may even weigh more than Colt did at his 4 month check-up. He loves to nurse though he is a much quicker eater than his brother was. Usually during the day he eats every 3-4 hours for about 20 minutes, in the evenings he will eat a bit longer than that (so you would think he would sleep longer too). I will probably start to introduce rice cereal to him around 5 months because I have to go back to work when he is 5.5 months old and that will give him something else besides milk to get calories from and hopefully in turn I will not have to pump as much milk for him during the day. Having 2 kids has been a huge adjustment for both Dave and I but we are enjoying every minute of it (even the long sleepless nights are worth it). Jax has been a wonderful addition to our family and I can not imagine my life without him in it!!

No comments: