Friday, July 6, 2007

Day 11

Cousin Madelyn and Colt. You can't tell from the picture but Colt is wearing his Boise State onesie. The size is 3 months but I think that is the last time he can wear it, length wise he is almost too long for it! Luckily its a small 3month size because most of his other clothes are still a little too big for him. I have a feeling I am going to be buying a lot of clothes for him as he quickly grows out of each size!
He is filling out so quickly, when I tell people he is not even 2 weeks old they can not believe it. He does not even look like a newborn baby! He had another doctor appointment yesterday, he is 9lbs 8oz and 23 inches long now! He also still has jaundice and will continue to have it until the lump on the side of his head goes away. When I was pushing him out he was cocked in a weird position and as he came down the right side of his head hit my pelvic bone repeatedly resulting in him having a cone head at birth as well as a huge bruise that swelled to the size of a baseball. The doctor said it will take about a month for the bruise to go down and part of the healing process is that he will have jaundice until all the blood in the bruise is broken down. The doctor told Dave that most people would have had to have a c-section with the position that he was in but I was such a strong pusher that it worked out. I knew there was a good reason to work out while I was pregnant!
Byson and Colt have become pretty good friends. Byson likes to lick his hair after he gets out of the bath.
Watching a movie together. Colt was awake this morning from 8:30-12:00, he slept last night from 10:30-4:30 and I finally woke him up at 4:30 to eat because my chest was killing me! It is amazing to me how long he will go during the night without food, however both Dave and I are appreciating the extra sleep. He has been such a good baby so far, I am sure he will pay us back either when he is 2 or when he becomes a teenager but for now I love each moment I have with him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a doll! Everyday I check your blog, and I don't think he can get any cuter, but he does. I am so jealous you have a baby that sleeps so nicely at night. I didn't get more than 3 hours of sleep in a row until Crew was over 2 months old :)!

Love ya guys!