Sunday, November 25, 2007

5 months old!

We were trying to get some cute pictures of Colt by himself but when we would try and get him to sit agains the rock he just wanted to lean back and look.....
and reach....
or play with all the interesting things in front of him.
Colt is 5 months old today which also means only one more month until Christmas! Time is flying by and he is growing up so fast. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with all of my family in Spokane. Colt and all his cousins had so much fun together, he is much bigger than both of the twins and Madelyn loved to play with him. She pretty much just wanted to play with Colt all weekend long. She was really the only one that could pack him around very easily he was much too heavy for Lucy (she's only 5). So Madelyn would carry Colt and Lucy would usually take care of one of the twins. Elena was interested in other things besides the babies:)
Now we are back home, only 4 more weeks of school until Christmas break! I am looking forward to the break all ready and we just had one. It is much harder to go back to work after spending so much time at home with Colt. Its like leaving him for the first time again, the tears come out and I cry periodically during the day at work. I do not think it will ever really get easier.
Colt is starting to do so much more. He is really into grabbing things now and of course shoving everything into his mouth, he also likes to grab food off my plate or hands and shove that into his mouth. I am pretty sure he would eat anything I gave him. We have started slowly on the solids he has had rice cereal, sweet potatoes and squash with no complaints so far. On occasion I will give him some small amounts of my food but nothing too big. We will probably start some fruits in the next month or so. I enjoy breastfeeding him so much that I am not in too much of a hurry for him to start eating too much "real" food. He does really well on his tummy and can push up on his hands and roll over both ways though he is pretty selective about when he does it. He also loves to talk and will laugh when he is tickled. He is such a joy to play with and be around, I am loving and cherishing every second of him as much as I can, even the moments when he wakes up crying in the middle of the night just because he wants to be held. He is a sweet little boy who loves to cuddle with his mama the best, but lights up when Daddy plays with him. My favorite times with him are in the morning, he usually wakes up around 7 to eat and then he will fall back asleep in bed with us until we wake up too ( weekends only of course). Dave loves it because it means he does not have to get up early and even though I do not usually fall back asleep I love to lay there and cuddle with him as he sleeps.
Hope all of you enjoy the holiday season that is approaching and remember the real reason we celebrate Christmas!
John 3:16


3 comments:

The Mac Attack said...

Carolyn I just love how you write. And I agree with you the best times are in the morning when they are so peacefully sleeping they look like little angels.

Conlin Family said...

We will be in Walla Walla Dec. 18th thru the 29th and will be spending it with the whole family. All of my brothers will be home, and will be exciting to all be together since that doesn't happen often! Are you spending Christmas at home?
I do stay home with Kaylee..I took maternity leave for 8 weeks and then went back to work for 8 weeks and decided to quit..it was just too hard for me. I totally understand what you're going through when you have to leave Colt.
Bo works for a non-profit water supply in our tiny little town. He gets to fix water leaks and deal with sewer..lots of fun stuff!
It sounds like you enjoy your job. What do you teach? What does your husband do? Don't worry about your questions cause I'm asking them right back! Colt is just too cute! I remember when Kaylee turned 5 months..all of a sudden it seemed like she was getting older since she was almost half a year old. They do grow so fast! I can't believe she's 19 months.
You look really really good too! Thanks for your comments. =) Sorry this comment is sooo long!

Amanda said...

They never pose for pictures. Get used to it. :) Have a great Christmas. Baby's first Christmas is always so special. Get him his very own ornament. I regret not having done that for Johslyn.