Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July

Our 4th of July this year was very laid back and relaxing which is exactly what I wanted! We have been going non-stop so it was nice to just relax and do nothing but enjoy my family. Marni was here visiting and my parents came over too. Marni and I started the day off with a run in 90 degree heat, it was so hard and we were both so tired (and I was pushing the jogging stroller too which did not help) but we did it! Then Dave made us pancakes for breakfast and my parents came over. We relaxed in the morning, Colt went down for a nap and then my mom, sister , me and Colt went swimming for a bit at a friends house in the afternoon.
That night we all cooked up a delicious dinner of crab, steak, cheese bread, homemade onion rings and fruit salad. Marni was trying to get a 4th of July picture of Colt and Jax but this is the best she could do.
Jax's 1st 4th of July
His bib says "Baby's First 4th." Dave's cousin Tammy got it for him as well as the onesie that is very patriotic (thanks Tammy!!).
Later on that evening my friend Rachel, her husband Sean and their daughter Mae stopped by for a visit. They were in town visiting Rachel's family and wanted to see Colt and meet Jax. Colt and Mae had fun playing together outside.
Miss Mae.
Colt wanted to play some baseball on his new tee (thanks Price's!!)
WHACK!!! He loves it and runs all over the yard picking the ball up and doing it again. After Sean, Rach and Mae left we watched the fireworks from our backyard. There were so many going off all over the place and we could see everything, I didn't even buy any fireworks this year because I had learned last year that we can see everything we need to from our house. Colt thought it was very cool and when we woke up the next morning the first thing he asked for was "Fireworks."

1 comment:

McP Family said...

one day Colt and Mae AND Madi will get to play together.