Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Jax : 4 months



 
As you can see from the pictures this little guy is not so little anymore. I have a friend who has a 10 month old boy and they are about the same size! He loves his mama's milk. We got over all the nursing problems (or at least they have cleared up) so that has been a relief to ME!! I totally understand why people quit nursing after going through all that for the last 2 months. Now I just need to get on a regular pumping schedule so I can have some milk saved for when I go back to work. I plan to nurse him until he is at least 9 months old, I wanted to go to a year with Colt but I started coaching track when he was 8 months and it got too hectic, we switched him to formula around 9.5 months. I am going to try to be more flexible with Jax and just see what works, if I don't have enough milk when I go back to work I may have to supplement him with formula which I will just have to be okay with because I don't have a choice. I still have about another month and a half before I go back so lots of time to figure that out. Jax is such a laid back easy going baby, I am loving all the snuggles and smiles he gives me. He is at that stage where if you smile at him he almost immediately will smile back, it does not take much to make him smile. He has also started doing little giggles and we are just waiting for that big laugh because he is so close to just letting it out. He has found his hands and feet and is constantly playing with them and putting them in his mouth. He also really loves loves loves the baby einstein playmat, he will lay under there for a good half hour and hit the animals to make the music play. He usually ends up just spinning around on his back and roling from side to side getting his legs stuck in the bars, he is mesmorized by it and loves to "talk" while he is under it. It is kind of funny too because a couple months ago I was thinking what a waste of space that thing is because Colt never used it all that much but I am so glad I kept putting Jax under it because he is so happy and it gives him a change of scenery and also lets him work on tummy time without me always having to lay right there with him. The other baby item(s) that he enjoys is the Baby Bjorn or baby sling. Again, this was something that I had with Colt but did not use too much, I use it all the time with Jax when we are out and about. That way I have two hands free to deal with Colt and Jax loves to snuggle in them both. Lastly, my most coveted and prized baby item is my BOB double jogger. I can not even explain what a wonderful gift this has been to me. If anything else for peace of mind. Almost every morning (unless I am feeling particularly ambitous and get to the gym by 5am before the kids wake up) I put both kids in the stroller, give Colt a cup of water and a snack and hit the road running with it. Though it is still much easier to run without pushing a stroller this is a very easy stroller to run with and it already has alot of miles on it. I trained for the half-marathon that I did with my sister using that stroller. I even did a couple 10 mile runs with it, for me it has been my stress reliever! The kids are both happy in it too and most of the time its a pretty peaceful time for me to get some excercise and for the kids to get some fresh air.
Jax does not have his 4 month appointment until October 8th so I will update his height and weight stats then. He is wearing 6-9 months clothing now and some of the 6-12 month clothes are fitting as well. He is like his brother in that regard though I would bet he is shorter and still weighs less than Colt did at 4 months. I am going to wait another month before starting rice cereal, I would like to wait until he is 6 months but I think it would be better to see if I can get some solids in him so he will not need as much milk when I go back to work. He is sleeping so much better, he goes down about 7 and wakes up around 5 to eat then back down until 8ish. Colt is still waking up at least once a night (on a bad night its like 5 times), so I still feel tired all the time but I am starting to get used to it. I am loving being home with both my boys and feel so blessed to have them in my life. Life is Great!!

No comments: