Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful

Thanksgiving Day is here again. Time for my list of things I am thankful for in the year 2009.

1. Jesus -thankful for all he has blessed me with in the past year
2. Dave - the best husband a girl could ask for. I love how he cares for me and the boys, always knows just what I need to hear to make me feel better and tells me he loves my body (even when I don't!).
3. Colt - my first born will always have a very special place in my heart because he made me a mommy! Thankful for his smile that greets me by the side of my bed at 5:30 every morning, the big kiss he gives me every night before bed and his happy, smiling face waving at me through the window as I leave for work in the mornings.
4. Jax - he has shown me that there is just as much room in my heart to love 2 boys equally. Thankful for his smiles when I pick him up, his chubby cheeks that are so kissable and his snuggles everyday.
5. Family - thankful for my sisters, sister-in-laws and brother-in-laws. I love that we can all get together and have a great time no matter what we are doing. Thankful for my mom and dad and all the help they give me with the boys wether it is babysitting so Dave and I can go to growth group or on a date or just taking them for an hour so I can go workout. Thankful for my in-laws and there willingness to always want to help, there phone calls to encourage or support me and the love they always give me.
6. Health - something I always take for granted but now with having 2 boys I realize just how quickly that can be taken away from any of us and it makes me all the more thankful that we are all healthy and alive!
7. My friends - I have the best friends in the world from middle school all the way to present I am thankful for the old friendships I have kept and the new ones I continue to make.
8.God -  for giving me the opportunity to be a wife to a wonderful man and a mommy to the 2 greatest boys in the world. No matter what happens in the next minute, hour, day, or year I will forever be grateful that I got to experience what is means to have a family of my very own.
9. Coffee - alright this might seem silly but I am seriously so very thankful for coffee, especially now that I have returned to work. It is the one guaranteed thing that can help me function day after day with no sleep.
10. Dave, Colt and Jax -  I know I have already mentioned each of them a couple of times but they deserve more than just a line or two. These 3 boys are my world (and to think I only wanted to have girls growing up!) and I would do anything for them. Thank you Dave for your endless love towards me even when I am tired and cranky and not always very nice. Thank you Colt and Jax for calling me "Mommy", for all your hugs and kisses throughout the day and for making my life so rewarding and so much fun.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!! Hope you all have as much to be thankful for as I do this holiday season. 

Check out this song, it sums up my feelings in life right now!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6TU4jgUJxA

2 comments:

The Price Family said...

Oh Care, you inspire me so much. I am so very very very thankful for your friendship. I can always count on you, and you always there for me no matter how busy you are. Thanks for all of your phone calls, emails, and messages, you are one AMAZING friend. LOVE YOU!

McP Family said...

I am thankful for you. I remember the day that you I knew you would be a friend of mine for life (i bet you remember to....but we will keep it to ourselves). I love your outlook on life and how much you cherish your family and boys. Where would we be without our husbands and babes. May God continue to bless you and keep you all safe and healthy. Love you tons.
Mari