Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ramblings

I don't think I slept last night. Alright I probably slept a little bit but it seemed everytime I closed my eyes and just got comfortable again another kid (I only have 2 but it seemed like I have about 5) needed my attention. I really shouldn't act like it was only me because Dave was up with them too. Colt gets up randomly all night long, sneaks into our bedroom (and I mean sneaks.... he tiptoes really quietly) and likes to climb in with Dave or I. Often times Dave and I are both so tired neither of us realized it has happened and then we wake up and he is sleeping with us and can't recall how he got there in the first place. Normally we take him right back to bed and last night was no different but after being woken up 5 times and then Jax waking up at 4 for some weird reason I just decided we would get more sleep if we all slept in our bed as a happy family of 4. Well I can honestly say that 3 of them slept happily and the mommy has been up since 4. Nothing a good cup of coffee will not cure. It was worth it though, I was fully aware of Colt cuddled into Dave's big strong arms and both of them sleeping peacefully and then Jax cuddled into my chest snoozing away. These are the moments I will want back someday and so for today I embrace them and try to not let the lack of sleep bother me.

At bedtime Colt and I were reading stories, he wanted to read his bible so we read from his children's bible. Out of the blue he says to me " Mommy, God is in the sky and Jesus is in my heart." I tried to explain to him how God is Jesus' Father and he is our Father too but he kept insisting that Dave was his daddy and I didn't want to confuse him too much so I just let him tell me his stories. His next one went like this "Once upon a time there was a big man named Goliath and a nice boy named David and David took a stone and hit Goliath in the forehead and he fell over the end." I love the mind of a 2 year old.

I miss my little sister. I feel like it has been forever since I have seen her and am looking forward to her next visit and a long run together even though I know she will kick my bootie. I really just miss her company and watching her play with my boys.

One of my best friends Julie sent me the devotional book "Jesus Calling." It is amazing and touches my heart every morning when I do my reading. If you are struggling with any issue in life or even if you are not struggling I do believe this book will change your life. Julie and I have been reading it for about a month and both of us have been amazed at how each morning the readings seem to hit on exactly what we are struggling with.

Track started yesterday, it went well. I am a little nervous about being away from the kids so much these next couple months but I know between Dave and my parents they are in good hands. It is really me that struggles with it because I already see how fast they are growing up and it is hard for me to miss a minute of it, especially when I am already gone from them during the day.

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. -James 1:17

6 comments:

Tabaitha said...

Sorry you didn't get any sleep.

Brittsan's said...

I was up every hour last night. Taylor was waking up each hour and Trey decided he needed to eat every 3 hours last night. I don't know what got under their skin, but I didn't get any sleep either....hope your coffee wakes you up!

Marni said...

I miss you too big sister. Thanks for all your positive thoughts and prayers. I love you and the boys (Dave included) with all my crazy, wild, weird heart!

The Price Family said...

I think we should start texting in the middle of the night at least we would have something to look forward to when waking up so much. You are such a great friend and I am so happy that we have so many things that we share together. Love you!

McP Family said...

I like the ramblings...Those ramblings are like a diary letting other know where we are. Thanks for sharing. Now that track has started, maybe we come to a meet and visit. Tell Marni I say "Hi". I might even look for that devotional book.

Keri Bryant said...

Love the scripture and insight, Car bear.
Yes, it is true that you will look back at your sleeplessness and miss these nights. The sounds, the smells, the stretches, the giggles under the blankets, and the love. Treasure it, as it does go by waaaaay too fast.
And for the record, your boys are 2 of the cutest I have ever seen!
xxx keri