Monday, May 31, 2010

Jax's First Birthday Party

Today we celebrated Jax's birthday on his actual birthday!! It was such a fun day and I had so much fun planning and preparing for it. I had alot of help from Dave and my mom so that was nice too. Dave did all the grocery shopping for me and basically did most of the food. He made barbeque pineapple chicken burgers that were to die for and also put together the fruit salad for me. My mom made Jax the cutest banner and sign and she also made a salad. I did the decorating, cleaning and the cakes! We keep our birthday's pretty low key around here and only invite family but with the size of Dave and I's families its always still a pretty fun party.
The cakes!
Chocolate Oreo Cake.
I got this recipe off one of the blogs I read and it looked so yummy I wanted to try it. It takes awhile to make, there are different layers that go into it and everything is completely homemade. It was yummy!!
Funfetti Cake.
This is the cake I made for Jax, we were originally going to just let him go at it but in the end we decided to just give him a nice chunk of cake so the entire thing didn't get ruined. This is your typical box cake and took me about 3 minutes to make.
                                               Birthday banner and sign that my mom made.
Cousins!
Cam and the birthday boy.
Colt picked out a sword for Jax for his birthday. Colt already has a sword and he told Dave he wanted to get Jax a little sword and he would keep his big one and they could "kill dragons together". Colt spent most the day convincing his Papa and Poppi to play sword fight with him.
Jax got this little car from his Memah and Poppi. Colt wanted to push him around and then show him how to use it.


Jax was pretty tired by about 1:30 so I put him down for a nap and we all relaxed and talked. Colt is not one to relax much so he went outside and had a sword fight with Dave.....
....then he got his grandpa's to play with him.
Poppi was the lion, Colt had the gun and Papa had the sword.
Jax woke up from his nap and he was ready for his cake. We sang to him, Colt blew out his candle and then sat the cake in front of him. He touched it with one finger and then very carefully bent over and started eating off the side of it. We were all laughing so hard. Its so Jax he is just a sweet little gentle guy (for now).

  Finally washing it all down with a nice glass of milk.
He didn't want much more to do with the cake, after his first few bites he was done. Both the boys were exhausted by the end of the day. I guess that's what happens when you party hard!

2 comments:

Tabaitha said...

So much fun celebrating. Happy Birthday Jax. The food looked delicious and the decor was so cute.

Erin said...

I love how he doesnt grab the cake with his hands, just goes for it with his mouth. Too cute.

The banner and sign looked SO good!!

Looks like a great party!!