Monday, October 8, 2007

Babysitter

Colt's diaper bag is packed and he is ready to spend the morning at the babysitter.

Today was Colt's first time going to the babysitter, it was so hard for me to leave him! I do not start work again until next Monday but Joyce (she is my babysitter) thought it would be a good idea to do a couple trial runs to see how he would do. He did great!! He was so smiley when I left him and when I went to pick him up he looked at me and gave me a big grin. Joyce said he was very good, he really loved checking out the other kids (she has 4 other boys!) and that he was a very mellow little guy. He was so intrigued by everything going on that he did not take a morning nap so when I picked him up at 11:30 he was ready for a serious nap, he could hardly keep his eyes open. Tomorrow he is going for the entire day while I go to the high school for the day just to kind of reintroduce myself to my students and find out what I need to have done by next Monday. Then next Monday he will start full time while I go back to teaching full time, it will be an adjustment for sure! I was teary all morning, I felt like I was letting him down by sending him to a babysitter but he was so happy when I went to pick him up that made me feel better.

3 comments:

Julie Pemberton said...

Mr.Colt-I'm so glad you did okay at the new babysitter's. You are growing up so and my how very beautiful you are. I can say beautiful instead of handsome because it is true (you are handsome of course)
You sure look like you had a good time at the pumpkin patch any trouble carrying the pumpkin home?
Your cousin went to the pumpkin patch same day as you.
Miss you soooo much. Love Memah

Anonymous said...

Colty, you are a big boy now, and it is definiley harder on your mom, than you, to go to the babysitters. Keep giving your mom extra big smiles, us moms need to feel like you still think we are the best.

Care- you are going to do great balancing work and being a mom, although it won't be easy. Crew has turned out fine, and probably has been better off because of the interaction with the other kids. You will definitley apprecaite your time together.

Love ya both

Julie

Anonymous said...

Carolyn-

You are such a good mom! I am sure it will be hard Monday morning, but it will be good for Colt to have some boy time with the others. I am so excited to see the two of you this weekend!
Auntie Kate