Friday, October 5, 2007

Updates

His grin in this picture makes him look so much like Dave!

Colt and I have the weekend to ourselves, Dave left this afternoon for chuckar hunting with my dad. Its opening weekend and its been a tradition with them to go every year, he was really looking forward to it. He was literally glowing when he left the house this morning, I have not seen him that excited about anything in quite awhile!

Colt is growing up so quickly, he is 3 months old now and he is getting bigger and learning more everyday. Yesterday he was taking a nap and I hear him grunting so I go into his room and he has rolled over on his belly and can not figure out how to get back, then this morning he woke me up at 6 because he had rolled on his belly again. I still have not actually seen him roll over but Dave has, I am hoping to capture the moment on my video camera the next time he does it! He is such a fun, loving and good little boy! Dave thinks he is starting to realize who is mom is though because whenever he gets real fussy he only calms down if I hold him but the minute I try and pass him on he starts crying again. I think its kind of cute, he is only little once and I plan to enjoy every minute of it! He is a great sleeper he sleeps from 7-7 pretty much every night on occasion he might wake up a little earlier or a little later but for the most part he is consistently sleeping 12 hours a night. He takes 3 naps a day, a short morning and evening nap and a longer afternoon nap. The rest of the time he is awake and loves to be played with, he is very low key though if I need to get something done he is usually pretty good about sitting in his swing or bouncer until I get it done and then we go back to playing. He has also started to enjoy being read to, he likes to look at the bright colors in the books and to my dismay he is fascinated by the television so we try to turn it off when he is in the room:)

I go back to work on the 15th of this month, I have such mixed emotions. For the most part I am really dreading it, the last thing I want to do right now is go back and teach high schoolers and send my little boy off to daycare everyday. However, I am really trying to keep a positive attitude about all of it, after all I really did enjoy teaching before I had Colt and I am sure once we get in a routine I will enjoy it again. Part of me keeps hoping that somehow next year I will not have to go back to work but I do not want to get my hopes up, besides thats a long way off!

I am really enjoying reading all my friends blogs and I love all the pictures you are posting, I am trying to do a better job at posting comments for all of you and I love it when you leave comments for me!! For those of you who do not have a blog but have young children (Julie Price, Rachel Mclachlan, Mari McPherson) you should really put one together, its quite easy and fast and it is so fun to see how your little ones are growing!

Well I am off to watch the movie "We Are Marshall" with Byson. My mom and I are taking Colt to the pumpkin patch tomorrow so I will post those pics later, the holidays are so much more meaningful now that Colt is here!

4 comments:

The Chases said...

Oh Curl you are the stinkin' cutest mom I have ever seen! Not to mention Colt is the cutest baby!!!! He is such a handsome little man. I love reading your blog. I am so excited to see you in just a couple of months. Have a good weekend and keep the updates coming. Love you all!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cur- I am a very dedicated reader to yours, Jess', and Tracey's blog, but I don't always post, obviously. I really dislike uploading pics from my camera, that is why I do it like once a month and send out a kodak gallery album. Sorry, no blog for us. But believe me Cruiser is a cute one, and the best thing ever.

Colt is so dang cute, I found a few cute things to add to his future sports room which I will bring when we come up in November.

Love ya

Mama Hulie

Anonymous said...

Ive alomst given in to the blog thing Care but not yet maybe after the 12th when Im done working. Which is crazy! But you know I love to keep an eye on the Pembertons I check almost every day for a new post its to addicting! And Colt is so cute and looks so much like Dave.

Life in the Kerlee Household said...

Hi Care-The blogging world is addicting! Tyler makes fun of me because I check all my friends blogs EVERYDAY, religously, sometimes twice! I am so happy that you guys and Jess are on here because we all live far apart from eachother and it's nice to be able to keep in touch, let alone see how big our kids are getting. Speaking of which, Colt is getting so big and of course adorable as always. The main picture(s) are soooo cute. You need to get those blowen up and on a wall. He is pretty photogenic already. I swear it wasn't until 7 months that I could capture a smile on Jaymin with a camera. Anyway, can't wait to see you in December. Take care~Tracey & Jaymin