Monday, October 19, 2009

Bedtime.


 
 
Jax's bedtime routine starts right after dinner around 6:15 every night. He usually gets a bath which he loves, I don't even bother using the baby bath anymore because it is just a pain to take in and out of the tub when its Colt's turn to bathe so I just fill the tub a little bit and lay him down in it. He kicks his legs and smiles and giggles the entire time. He is such a smiley smiley baby, I just love it. After he is all clean and has his pajamas on I wrap him in a blanket and nurse him around 6:45, he usually ends up going to bed right after that about 7:15. He is a good sleeper but still has those nights where he wakes at 3 or so to eat, I have tried to let him cry it out and it has not worked so far so I usually just get up and feed him so I can get back to sleep sooner. Then he will sleep until 7:30 or 8, on the nights he doesn't wake up he sleeps until 6:30 or 7.


Colt usually gets his bath after I put Jax down for bed around 7:15, he always take a bubble bath because he knows where the bubbles are and the first thing he does when I tell him it is bath time is run to the cupboard, grab the bubble bath and put some in the tub. Lately he has been really into wearing his athletic shorts and just a t-shirt to bed ("like daddy" he always says). After he is all dressed he gives Dave a kiss good night and then we lay down in our bed and watch one short cartoon (about 5 minutes long) and then I put him to bed. He has to be covered with three blankets every night, his blue soft baby blanket goes first, then the puppy quilt that "Milly" (my grandma) made him and then the baby quilt that Di Di made him. He always asks for it in this order every night. Then we say his prayers, his most common request is to pray for Marni and Herc (Marni's dog) but other people get thrown in the mix depending on the night and who he has been around. Tonight we prayed for Marni, Herc, Milly, Haley (my Grandma's dog), and Papa. Last night it was Marni, Herc, Taylor and Daddy....it changes nightly. He usually goes down between 8 and 8:30 and for the most part will go right to sleep (again I say for the most part, some nights especially when he naps for too long he comes out of his room so many times Dave and I are at a loss of what to do!). Anyway, the bedtime routine basically takes up my entire evening. By the time I am done I am ready for bed myself but I would not trade it for anything in the world. Before long they will be doing it all themselves and I will be asking myself why they had to grow up so fast!

No comments: