Monday, October 19, 2009

Colt LOVES to Eat.


I told Colt lunch was ready and when I came back in to give him his water he had grabbed Jax's bumbo seat and climbed into it.

I even got him to give me a quick grin.
I can't believe how much he loves to eat right now. It is not so much that he eats alot rather that he eats pretty much anything we give him. For example, tonight I made chicken yakisoba with vegetables for dinner and we had egg rolls as well. He ate almost all the chicken yakisoba (and even some of the veggies) and had half an egg roll. The other day I made him egg on toast for breakfast and he ate the entire thing. Dave made us banana pancakes for our Sunday breakfast and he ate 7 of them (they were smaller pancakes but still). I would say his favorite type of food is probably fruit, he could eat that all day long (bananas, oranges, apples, pears, grapes, etc..) and he also loves the frozen gogurts. He knows how to open the freezer now and he is constantly going in and trying to get another gogurt out of the freezer. I keep having to remind him that he needs to ask mommy first!  Dave got two huge boxes of apples for free so we have been trying to come up with ways to use them before they go bad. We have been putting them in our dryer and making dried apples, I made homemade applesauce, Dave made homemade granola bars with apples and raisens in them (they are to die for, the best granola bars I have ever tested.....the crazy thing is he did not use a recipe, he just came up with the ingredients and made them and they are delicious and super healthy!!), I am going to try and make some apple butter as well. Colt loves to help with all of it and likes to pick the stickers off the apples so that we can put the apples in the apple peeler/slicer. For the most part Colt eats whatever I make for dinner that night, he does not get a separate meal unless I make something really spicy and then I try to modify it so he can eat it too. It is nice to be able to sit down every evening as a family and eat together, I am enjoying cooking for the first time in my life (probably has something to do with the fact that I have time to come up with menus and grocery shop for the food each week....this stay at home mom thing is really nice!!).

No comments: