Monday, April 19, 2010

Busy weekend

We had a busy but fun weekend. Saturday I had the Pasco Invite so Dave drove me over to Pasco with the kids and dropped me off at 9:00 then headed to his parents. Jax spent the day with Memah and Colt spent the day with Dave, Poppi, Andy, Taylor and Camryn. They took the kids shooting (apparently 2 year olds do great shooting guns:)), went out to lunch, visited me at the track and then back to Dave's parents to play. I got done around 7 and we went back to Dave's parents for dinner and then came home. It was such a long day but the weather was beautiful (about 78) and it was HOT. The track meet was awesome, I love the Pasco Invite and have been going to it with my dad since I was in probably the 3rd or 4th grade. Then I competed in it when I was in high school and now I am coaching in it. It was a long day though and I was exhausted by the end of it.
Sunday morning both boys woke up by 5:30. We had a family party in our bed, watched a movie and then Dave made waffles with strawberries and whip cream for breakfast (and coffee too!!). It was yummy! Jax took a morning nap, we did some things around the house and then when Jax woke up I took the boys to the park. It was beautiful out and hot. I decided to make a longer loop and run and then end up at the park. I only ran 3 miles but I am not used to that warmer weather and it felt hard!
The boys ready to go to the park, they both had a ball to play with while we were there and I lathered on the sunscreen and made them both wear baseball hats. Jax was trying to pull his off and after I told him no he had to wear it he listened and it stayed on the entire time.
Check out Colt's gardening gloves. Memah gave him those last year sometime and he found them and was so excited to wear them. I told him they were for yard work but he wanted them on (they stayed on until about 5:00 that evening!).
Jax and a ball, all he needs to be happy.
After my torturous run Colt wanted to play soccer which meant more running for me but it was fun and he loved it.
Yep the gloves are still on!
Jax had fun playing on the blanket throwing the ball to himself.
We spent a little time at the end on the slides but it was warm out and Colt kept asking me to "blow on the slides" because they were so hot. We headed home, fed the boys lunch and then Colt went down for a nap. He only napped an hour, then Jax went down and the 3 of us spent the next 3 hours doing yard work. I mowed while Dave worked on putting up our new fence and pulling out old bushes. We are really wanting to do some bigger landscaping things with our yard but will have to do it slowly so we can pay for it along the way. Finding time has also been a problem. Dave started with tearing out the old fence that was their and putting up a new one. I wish I enjoyed yard work, alot of people find it enjoyable I find it annoying. I told Dave this and he told me I complain too much. Well he complains about running 5 miles and I complain about yard work. What's the difference??
This morning started off with Jax waking up sounding like he was having an asthma attack, he was wheezing so hard and could hardly breathe. Dave quickly diagnosed it with croup and I sat in the bathroom with the hot shower running for 10 minutes then took him outside in a blanket for 10 minutes to try and break it up. I was ready to take him to the ER but my sensible and calm husband knew just what to do. I was sitting in the steamy bathroom holding him and praying so hard. It was really scary for me and I started to almost panic. After I brought him in from outside he sounded better but he is still pretty wheezy. Hopefully he does alright at the babysitter's today. I wanted to stay home with him but he seemed to be doing better. Colt woke up with a green snotty nose too. We literally just got healthy last week, I am hoping part of it is just the change in weather and they are healthy again soon. We have a busy week ahead of us with work and track meets (I have 3, all of them are out of town this week). It will go by fast I am sure!

No comments: