Wednesday, June 25, 2008

One year ago......

We welcomed into our family our first son, Colt Mires Pemberton at 7:37 pm weighing 8lbs 9oz and 22.5 inches long. We named him Colt because Dave had been watching football the fall before and there were a couple of college quarterbacks who had the name Colt. We thought Colt Pemberton sounded strong! The middle name is my maiden name. Colt is the first grandson on my side of the family, my dad has 5 grandaughters so we wanted to name him after my dad in some way. The first thing I thought when I saw him was how big his eyes are, even for just coming out when most newborns you can hardly see there eyes his were still just huge and blue!! I fell instantly in love with him and never wanted to let him go!
I look tired:) Labor was long but the reward so worth it!!
They put Colt in a pink blanket because they were all out of the blue ones. 5 other boys were born in our hospital within an hour of each other. Colt was the last one born that night.
Little did I know on this day that the next year would be the best year of my life and every day I would have a reason to jump out of bed with a smile on my face.
I can't believe its been a year since this day. Seeing all these pictures makes me want to relive it again and again. Its been an emotional day for me, I love my baby boy so much and its hard watching him get older and knowing eventually he will no longer be my baby but I am loving watching him grow and discover new things.

1 comment:

McP Family said...

CAN YOU BELIVE IT HAS BEEN A YEAR