Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's Day came a day early for me this year. Even though its not until tomorrow I got all my gifts today! It started in the morning when I opened up Colt's gift that he had made for me at daycare, a very cute heart that he had decorated. Then Dave gave me a gift from his mom (sandals, treats, magazine, and a very cute swim suit cover-up dress) and a card that made me really cry (thanks Julie!!). I spent the morning organizing the closet in Colt's room and doing some more organizing and arranging in the baby's room. Once Colt went down for a nap I got a back rub from Dave and ended up taking a nap myself for about an hour. Later on that afternoon, Colt gave me his second gift....a brand new sport watch! I love it and have been needing one since my other one was so old. It's especially nice during track season because I am often timing kids during practice and meets and this watch even has the split feature which is great. Then this afternoon my parents stopped by with my brand new double jogger BOB stroller!! It was a baby gift from my parents and my sisters, I have been wanting a BOB since I found out I was pregnant with #2 and heard such great things about this stroller. I must say that so far I am more than impressed. Its even easier to handle than my single stroller and Colt fits in it nicely. We all went for a walk to the Worm Ranch for dinner and then off to the park so Colt could play.
Colt's already ready for the big boy swings and he does really well holding on. Papa made sure not to push him too high!
He had such a fun time.
Next came a trip down the big slide.
With Di Di there to catch him!
Finally the merry-go-round which he loved and kept saying "fast fast" Dave got it going pretty good too and Colt had a great time. It was just about the perfect day, it felt like my birthday only better!! I love being a mom and could not imagine my life without Colt. He makes it so much easier to wake up every morning and gives me a reason to look forward and enjoy each moment.

No comments: