Thursday, June 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Colt!

Colt Mires Pemberton was born June 25, 2007 at 7:37 pm. He finally entered this world after 13 hours of labor and almost 2 hours of pushing. He weighed 8lbs 9oz and was 22.5 inches long. It was one of the best moments of my life and one I will never forget. Colt will always have a very special place in my heart because he made me a mommy for the first time. The first time I saw him all I could look at was his eyes, they were so big and alert and just seemed to look right at me.
He was such a great baby, he was a good eater and an even better sleeper. He was sleeping through the night by the time he was 5 weeks old!
We went to Portland just before his 1st birthday and had this picture taken on the water. He was just starting to take steps around this time. This is one of my favorite family pictures of the 3 of us, we all just look so happy and relaxed.
Colt's 1st birthday!
On May 31, 2009 Colt became a big brother. He has taken to his role quite well and I pray they will be friends for life!
Today my little boy turns 2 years old! I can not believe that it has already been two years since we welcomed him into the world. Being a mom to him has been the most wonderful gift God could have ever given me. Colt is so full of life and for the most part a very laid back but very busy little boy. He loves to give everyone kisses and hugs and is not afraid to tell us his likes and dislikes though he usually says please first. His favorite things are motorcycles, lawn mowers, weed whackers, airplanes, trucks, trains, etc. basically anything that has an engine! He has a love of cheese, bananas, chocolate milk, grapes, and yellos (fruit snacks...he calls them yellos because the first time he ever had a fruit snack we were asking him his colors and the first one was yellow, so now he calls all fruit snacks yellos). He has become quite the little talker and Dave and I find ourselves having to be careful what we say to each other when he is around. I can't even begin to write down all the words he can say now because there are way too many of them. He also puts words together to form phrases, it is so fun having conversations with him! He just cracks both Dave and I up.

Happy 2nd Birthday Colt, please don't grow up too fast. I love each and every stage of your life and pray every night for the plans that God has for you!

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the LORD. 'They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.'"- Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

Marni Mires said...

Colt...I love you and couldn't have asked for a better nephew. Now that you have competition with Jax, you better be on your best behavior!!! Also, I tried to call you this morning but realized you didn't have a cell phone. I think you should request one of those for your third birthday...they come in quite handy! Happy, happy, happy birthday little big boy!

Brittsan's said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLT!!! Although, I've never even met you, I feel like I know you. Taylor and I hope you have a fabulous day. Happy Birthday!

The Keatts Family said...

Happy Birthday Colt! Congratulatons Carolyn, to you and Dave for raising up Colt to be such a wonderful little boy. He has such a great personality and lights up a room already. Have a wonderful day buddy!