Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My sweet boy.

2-week check-up: 7lbs 10 oz (40%) and 21.5 inches (95%).


Its amazing how your heart just opens up and allows you to love another child as you love your first! Everyone always told me that it would happen but you can't imagine it until it does. Jax is awesome, he reminds me a lot of Colt when he was a baby. Very mellow, eats a lot, sleeps a lot and cries very little (at least so far). He is only waking up once a night to eat, I put him to bed around 9:30 or 10, then he gets up at 2 and then again around 6:30 or so. Usually Colt gets us up in the morning before Jax even wakes up:) The nice part is he wakes up to eat and then goes right back to bed. I am having so much fun playing with my two boys all day long, Colt has adjusted really well and for the most part loves his brother. We usually spend part of the morning going on a walk or jog in the stroller then try and hit up the park or play outside in our backyard. When I feed Jax I sit in a chair in Colt's playroom and either Colt plays with his toys or he will bring me books to read and will come sit with me so I can read them to him. After lunch I try to get both boys down for a nap and I try to take a small nap too (it doesn't always happen though). After naps we run errands or do some type of activity around the house and then try to get dinner ready for when Dave gets home from work. It is so nice not having to work right now and just getting to enjoy being a mom and playing with my boys. Most days I feel like I get nothing done around the house besides just keeping it clean and a load of laundry but I figure if my boys are happy, well-fed and clean then its been a good day!

2 comments:

The Price Family said...

The small joys of motherhood. Somedays I can't even keep up with the little things... but it is all worth it. Jax is really getting big, and I do see some resemblance between him and Colt man, but I think he has his own look too. Glad you are getting your routine down, and we can't wait to have you guys up here next week. MISS YOU!!!!!!

The Price Family said...

Oh yeah and how did you get so LUCKY to get two babies that sleep so soon? :)