Saturday, December 1, 2007

My life....

I was thinking last night while I was taking a long hot shower with no interuptions since Colt was already in bed how different my life is this year than it was last year at this time. Last year at this time I had just started to tell my family and friends that I was pregnant and now he is here and already 5 months old. I thought I would make a list to compare my pre-baby life to my post-baby life.......

Pre-Baby
  • workout out daily for a minimum of 1 hour
  • wake up 30 minutes before work and still make it on time
  • leave the house with nothing but my purse in my hands
  • spend my lunch break(which is only 30 min) talking to my collegues or catching up on work
  • wake up at 5:30 am to workout before work
  • go to a 9:00 movie
  • sit down and eat dinner with Dave and talk about our day
  • flat abs
  • spend my evenings watching a movie, scrapbooking, reading a book or just relaxing.
  • staying at work until 6 and planning interesting ways to teach my kids the next day.
  • wishing for the weekend to hurry up and get here so I can sleep in a bit later
  • wanting time to go faster
Post-Baby
  • workout 3-4 times a week for a maximum of 45 minutes
  • wake up 2.5 hours before work and still not make it on time
  • leave the house with my purse, breast pump, diaper bag, and of course Colt!
  • spend my lunch break pumping with just enough time to shove a granola bar in my mouth before its back to work.
  • wake up at 5:30 am to feed my son
  • go to bed at 9:00 (if I am lucky)
  • sit down and eat dinner with Colt in my lap and talk to Dave about Colt
  • flabby abs
  • spend my evenings playing peek a boo, bathing, reading, rocking and feeding Colt.
  • racing out of work at 4 so I can have as much time as possible to spend with Colt before he has to sleep.
  • wishing for the weekend to hurry up and get here so I can have 48 uninterupted hours with Colt
  • wanting time to slow down.....I can't believe he is already 5 months old!
.....and I have come to the conclusion that post-baby life is so much more rewarding!! I am sure all you mom's out there feel the same way. Having Colt has made me a much better person, more compassionate, caring, loving and most importantly he has brought me even closer to my Savior Jesus Christ.

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Psalm 127:3

5 comments:

The Mac Attack said...

Its so true kids do make us better people. I love your list I feel the same way. I must say its amazing that I can still feel cute with flabby abs who new?

Amanda said...

Well said. :) So much has changed. And all for the better. (except maybe the flabby abs you referred to. And in my case, the booty to match.)

Conlin Family said...

I totally agree with your pre and post baby days. Life was much more simple without a baby, but not as happy and rewarding. You are such a good writer!

The Price Family said...

Oh Care, you have the sweetest posts, I just love it!! I am feeling a little bit better today, but stayed home from my Seattle trip.
Talk to you soon :)

The Chases said...

Hope you had a good weekend Care. I missed all three of you! I am glad that you didn't get sick though. It is so much fun reading your posts. You are so sincere. Love you and miss you tons. (I am getting bigger by the day!)