Monday, December 10, 2007

Sleep baby sleep.

Colt is such a great sleeper!! He has been sleeping through the night since he was about 6 weeks old and he has continued to be a great sleeper even after I went back to work. It is so nice for me to be able to get a good night's sleep every night. He has his moments where he will wake up but most the time he will settle himself back to sleep on his own. If I get desperate I just bring him back to bed with me and cuddle with him for the remainder of the night. I actually told Dave the other night " I hope Colt wakes up at 4am so I can bring him back to bed with me, I miss him already!" I must be crazy or madly in love with my little guy:)
Colt has also figured out the eating solid food thing. He LOVES to eat and he especially loves eating our food. Just two weeks ago I posted that we had started him on some veggies well now he has had all of the veggies and all of the fruit! We moved fast but he never had any stomach problems and it worked well for him, he is starting to swallow most of his food and loves to watch us eat at the dinner table. Tonight Dave dipped his binky in the homeade raspberry jam that my mom had made for us and Colt started sucking on it going "mmmm mmmm mmm" over and over again. It was hilarious.
Developmentally he is doing well, I am trying to teach him to say Dad. I say it to him over and over again and sometimes I swear it seems like he says "Da" back to me but I could not be sure. He is rolling around but his favorite thing to do is scoot on his back with his head tilted up. I will have to get a picture of it sometime it is funny to watch. He is going to have a bald spot on the top of his head if he keeps doing it that way. Anytime you lay him on his stomach he rolls to his back and starts scooting along. This weekend I put him on the floor in the bedroom and I was across the hall in the bathroom getting ready. I could hear him babbling about and I walk out of the bathroom and he has scooted on his back across the bedroom floor right out into the hallway and he just has this huge grin on his face. I told his Aunt Kenzie it may be awhile before he crawls because he really enjoys this scooting thing. Stay tuned.....

5 comments:

Life in the Kerlee Household said...

Care-I have a friend from the NICU that her boy did the exact same thing for crawling. It was so funny to watch and it looked like it hurt but it didn't seem to bother him one bit. And actually, it's a way of "transportation" or getting around for them which is good and advanced! He's getting so big and is as precious as ever. We missed you a few weeks ago and I hope we can get together sometime soon....BEFORE Chelan! Take Care

Amanda said...

Johslyn has always been a good sleeper too. She started out a good little eater, but in the past year or so, she's become really picky. Won't eat anything!! My advice, don't give him sweets at all. They learn so quickly that there's something more fun to eat than vegetables. :)

Conlin Family said...

You are so lucky that he's a good sleeper! Kaylee ends up in our bed EVERY night! She only sleeps in her crib for about 2 hours before she wakes up and starts screaming. He's getting so big and his development seems way advanced already scooting around, wow!

The Mac Attack said...

Im glad that Colt is a good sleeper because it makes me not feel so bad that Mae sleeps good to. Most people hate me because she sleeps so well. I would love to watch Colt crawl sometime. Maybe when april has Jovie we will be able to hook up.

The Chases said...

got your Christmas letter and pics of Colt. Colt is adorable - what's new?! Dave's letter was funny. Dale wrote ours this year too...it's cute. You'll get it soon. Love you!