Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day

We headed over to my parents house around 9:30 on Christmas and stayed there there the rest of the day. We had a breakfast casserole and opened up some more presents.
Colt got a new set of sport balls which he of course loves. He understands too that you throw the football and basketball and kick the soccer ball:)
My mom made him the cutest blanket, it has pictures of all types of little boy things all over it like a dog, ball, truck, chair, and it says the word next to the picture. Colt likes to point to it and say "ball" or "tuck." He has been really into sitting on blankets lately and playing, eating, drinking etc so he really liked the blanket. If I try and use it he comes over and says "mine!"
His Aunt Marni got him his very own bag with his initials on it which is perfect for out of town trips....it feels like we are always going somewhere!!
My dad and two of my sisters both graduated from the University of Idaho. My dad played football there so when he went to a game this year he got him a shirt and sweatshirt.
Colt helping Dave open his brand new coffee pot which we all love (now that I no longer have an aversion to coffee I enjoy it too!!!!).
We spent the rest of the day talking, playing games, reading books and relaxing. We had a yummy dinner of prime rib, potatoes, stuffing, strawberry pretzel salad, apple walnut salad, rolls and sparkling cider. Then we came back to my house and my parents stayed with Colt (they swore they did not want to go to the movie:)) and the four of us went to the movie "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" it was really long but it was a good movie. It was a super special and fun Christmas. I can't wait until next year:)

2 comments:

The Keatts Family said...

Yea for a new coffee pot :)

McP Family said...

I need coffee now...I guess that means we're grown ups :-)

I love Christmas with Madi this year...she is so much fun now that she nows what is happening. Say "Hi" to everyone for me.