Monday, December 15, 2008

Heartbeat

I had my 13 week doctor appointment today for pembaby 2. Everything went well, my bloodwork all came back fine. I heard the heartbeat, the doctor had no trouble finding the little bean and it was about 160 which was the same as what Colt's heartbeat was that early on. My dr. does not believe in the theory that the higher the heartbeat the better chance of a girl:) She says she has seen too many babies to believe that to be true. I go back and forth, somedays I feel like its definetely a girl but then I change my mind and think its a boy. We will just have to wait until June to find out! I go back in 4 weeks and we will schedule my 20 week ultrasound at that visit. I will be glad when that is over and I get to see the baby again, I am always anxious up until that point because you never know what can happen with the baby. I just put my trust in God and know no matter what I can always rely on him whatever the outcome. No weight gain so far (well I gained 6 ounces from my last appointment but I figure that can flucuate depending on the hour:)). I am sure the holiday coming up will put a few pounds on though, Dave commented that even though I have not really gained weight I just look a little bigger through the hips. I have to agree with him, its like the minute I get pregnant my hips start widening. Isn't it nice that we have an open and honest relationship with each other:) I wish I was one of those girls that didn't start showing until like the 6 month, I am lucky to get through my 1st trimester without one of my students asking me if I am pregnant. Oh well, come June it will all be worth it!!

4 comments:

McP Family said...

Are you guys waiting to June to find out the sex?

Pemberton Family said...

That's the plan. I want a surprise, Dave does not but he got what he wanted with Colt so now its my turn!! Fun Fun!

The Mac Attack said...

I have the same problem with the hips thing. even when I was only 6 weeks with Mae they all started asking. So Im not one of those lucky girls either.

The Price Family said...

Glad everything went well!