Saturday, December 6, 2008

My Boys!

My boys being boys. Colt loves to play with his daddy and I don't think Dave minds acting like a kid again either. Lately, Colt has really been a daddy's boy. It can be kind of hard on me because he cries everytime Dave leaves and he really only wants to be with Dave. He would choose Dave over me anytime right now. Its cute to watch them together but makes me feel kind of bad:)
Colt says "cheese" now for the camera. Its so cute, he is getting so big!
Don't mind all the food on his face, he's just a BOY!!
Colt is learning soooo many things right now, especially as far as his talking goes. He can repeat almost anything you say, most the time it comes out right with a few exceptions. His favorite words lately are: Santa, HO HO HO, Daddy (OF COURSE), Doggie, Outside(he wants to be outside all the time even in this cold so he goes to the door and says "outsie"), French Fries, Waffle, ME, Hello, Mommy, Papa, DiDi, Meme (for his Memah), eat, please (he does this with no prompting), thank you (he has just started using this correctly without me having to tell him, today at the dr. office the nurse gave him a toy and he looked at him and said "tak u"), cracker, ball, and Dave's two favorite words he says are "Football" which is pronounced perfectly and "Popcorn." There are others of course like the general ones most kids learn when they first start talking but those are the ones he uses more frequently.
On a note so good note he woke up this morning with awful goopy eyes and by the time he woke up from his nap they were both almost swollen shut so I took him to the urgent care and he has pink eye! Of course they prescribe eye drops which he refuses to let me put in his eyes. He screams and cries and holds his eyes shut as tight as he can. If they do not look better by Monday I am going to call his pedi. and see if there is some other type of antibiotics besides drops that might work. Its probably one of the worst cases of pink eye I have seen, I had pink eye when I first started teaching and don't remember them looking that bad!! Dave and I are just hoping we don't get it!

2 comments:

The Chases said...

Hi Lady! How are you doing/feeling? I think about you often. Miss and love you! Jess

Mo's blog said...

Hi Carolyn! I read your blog all the time, but I've never actually responded. Max had an "I love dad only" phase too. It does kind of suck, but take the break while you can. Pretty soon there will be 2 of them that only want mommy, which is heart warming, but can get exhausting!! Glad to hear you're feeling better, enjoy the Christmas break!! ~Mo