Saturday, December 13, 2008

Let it Snow, Let it Snow......

.......let it really really SNOW!!!
We woke up to snow this morning, we drove out to my parents to enjoy it and they had 11 inches or so and its still going. My dad wanted to make Colt a snowman.
Colt was laughing so hard watching his Papa carry the snowball.
He loved every minute of being outside and getting to help make this snowman. Unfortunately, since we get so little snow in Walla Walla I did not have any snow gear for him so we had to make do with what we had. He didn't seem to mind too much.
DiDi and Colt playing next to Colt's first snowman.
He had a hard time seeing out of his hat.
The almost completed project, we were all getting so wet and my dad had no charcoal for his eyes and mouth so he made his eyes out of shotgun shells and later did the same for his mouth. A perfect country snowman.
It pretty much snowed all day here, we do not have nearly the snow at our house that my parents do but we still have quite a few inches. It is still snowing right now and its supposed to until 4pm tomorrow. Its also supposed to get very cold here, we may have some winter weather driving to deal with....YUCK! On the way home from my parents I slid off the road going 20mph, I was not even turning, just driving straight and I just started sliding and then I was stuck. I tried to get ahold of Dave but he didn't answer his phone and then I called my parents to come get me and right about that time a really nice man stopped and offered to pull me out of the ditch. He had me stay in the car and hooked me up himself (colt was asleep in the back) and pulled me right out. I got home safely after that but drove very slowly and my car had no damage to it, I was inches from sliding into a barbwire fence! I decided to just stay home the rest of the day.

3 comments:

The Mac Attack said...

Oh man its so much snow. My parents phone doesnt work because of it. It never snowed here again just about an inch. So Im kinda jelous of your storm. Fun talking to ya yesterday.

McP Family said...

that is SO SO SO SO much snow. But leave it to the Mires to find the Joy and fun in it. Give your mom and dad a great big hug from me. And tell you dad that at least one a week I use the infamous quote..."If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.

The Chases said...

Love the snow pics! Keep the updates coming with you. I am so glad your appointment went well. Love you! PS My guess is a GIRL!!