Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

We had Christmas Eve at our house this year, this was our first year ever hosting Christmas Eve. It was really fun. It snowed so hard that evening and it was beautiful out. We had a bunch of snacks for dinner (that was Dave's Christmas Eve tradition growing up and he wants to do that with our kids). Dave and I spent about 3 hours putting all the food together. We had fruit with a homemade orange fruit dip, a special bean dish Dave style (I say special because it had things in it I could never imagine putting in bean dish but it was unbelievably good, it took him almost an hour to make with all the cutting he had to do), meat and cheese tray with a bunch of yummy dips that Dave also put together, coconut shrimp, tortilla pinwheels, tortilla chips and queso dip and homemade cookies for dessert. I was bummed because our church did not have a Christmas Eve service this year, one of my favorite things to do on Christmas Eve is to go to church but we still had fun. We ate snacks, opened some gifts (either sleepwear or games) and played games until 1am!
Colt playing on his slide waiting to open presents.
Helping Daddy open his present (Settlers of Cattaan game, we have probably played this 3 times already and if you know the game you know it takes like 1-2 hours to play!!)
Di Di got a new pair of pajamas!
Checking things out with Aunt Marni. I love the way he has hit hands in his pocket. Marni got him this outfit from GAP this year, he is so cute in it!
Aunt Marni was his best friend because she kept giving him chocolate!!
Reading a new book with Daddy...Colt's two favorite things, book and DADDY!!
Ready for bed and giving Aunt Marni's dog Hercules some love. Colt went to bed around 8:00 and we got the games out each couple had gotten a new game. My dad got the game Sports Scene It with Dan Patrick we played that first and Dave and I won! Then we played the game that Marni and Nate had got I can't remember what it was called but it was fun however we had to stop it early because it was 11:00 and my parents were ready to go home (they were tired). We then played the Settlers of Cattaan game, Dave was the only one who had ever played it and its pretty complicated and requires ALOT of strategy, it took over an hour to play that game and I won so it was worth it!! We finally went to bed a little after 1am.

1 comment:

McP Family said...

I love starting traditions now that we have kids. It is a bit wierd I think for everyone transitioning over to use not longer being the kids....but now being parents and having Christmas and traditions of our own...at least for my family.